Jui-san no Oshigoto in Isekai - Ch. 34 - Preparations

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster @nobaka Yeah, I also like her character a lot. I wrote about my interpretation and analysis of her behavior before, so I'm not going to repeat it here, but her character's depiction most certainly is superior to 99% of all other slaves in (non-edge) isekai series. I don't consider her personality and the way she acts mysterious; it's quite understandable, even if it's partially unpredictable. But people often are unpredictable.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme
That unpredictability is why I like it! It’s not a complete mystery, yes, but it’s got me intrigued and I can’t figure it out!

Normal series where you can break down the heroine into an archetype, slap a few characteristics or traits on here, and a meme behavior and call it a personality doesn’t satisfy me! Things that are too cliche can’t satisfy me! That entire Promare movie? I was only surprised once!

I’ll think I have Liz figured out, and end up being wrong. I love that!

Fed-Kun's army
Count me among those whoa re fascinated by Liz. As others have said, she's more complex and unpredictable than the archetypes I'm used to in manga.

@rayce Agreed. I still consider chapter 18 the highlight of the manga so far. I like seeing their exchanges and how their respective values and mindset clash. As others have said, Liz is often unpredictable and hard to read... But I'm sure she thinks the same of Shingo.

Fed-Kun's army
Liz is giving variously mixed messages and neither of them really knows how to behave around of handle the other because both are well outside the standard conventions they are used to.

The one thing that is obvious throughout this is that they do care about each other.

Liz also makes an interesting contrast to Kuroe who, while apparently being more intellectual, is much more single-minded and straightforward in many ways...

Dex-chan lover
I think there are definitely some power dynamics between Liz and Shingo that both of them realize are there, yet they expect the other to behave in a different manner than they are. I think in particular, their expectations for how a male slave owner should act toward a female slave is what's causing so much confusion between the two.

Fed-Kun's army
Liz definitely gaining some feelings for Shingo but is socially awkward at that who in contrast to Kurou who is very straightforward.

Nice dynamic

Dex-chan lover
@karanga
>simps

Characters can be characters beyond color-coded waifu archetypes made to fill checkboxes. Like >Tsundere, >Childhood Friend, >Transfer Student, >Yandere, >Token Fujoshi, etc. And I mean this on a literary level, not some SJW “women are queens” level.

It’s not unreasonable to like sex in manga, but I think it’s pretty unreasonable to think that a character only exists so the main character can get laid. The MC took a step down the route, but that doesn’t mean he’s got all the development he needs to take his slave to pound town.

On a completely literary, objective view, if Shingo fucked Liz, he’d be a gigantic fucking hypocrite.

Dex-chan lover
@Reikou
It's not out of the question for a vetenarian to know about compound bow. It's really dependent of their field, but some have to administer medicine from long distance and the choice of apparatus for it, although more usually a firearm, range from crossbow to blowgun.

I'll spell out the ethics here, more for more own self-satisfaction than anything else:

Imagine you are serving a master (perhaps as a servant). If he's dissatisfied with you, he can kick you out to street, where you'd have to live in a Walmart shopping cart. Normally, do you want a dude to ram you hard in the buthole? Must dudes would say no. However if this master asked you to bed, with the implication that he wanted to ram you... Would you say no? If so, I would hope you have a particular love of either Walmart or shopping carts.

That's kinda the situation here. If asked, Liz can't really say no, no matter her personal thoughts or feelings. Which is why Shingo is hesitant to make any moves, both towards Chloe or towards Liz.
Is it a modern view of the situation? Yes, but Shingo is an adult man from the modern world, and not a person from the medieval times

Dex-chan lover
@TheTanJar7 It was about that girl that got killed I think? Don't really remember, but she confronted him pretty loudly about something after Liz got beaten and they had to hide her in his room for a while or something like that just before the whole fire rat business.

Aggregator gang
I am more bothered that he choose to sleep in the sofa while she take the bed because one of my relative die because he choose to sleep in the sofa while his guest in his bed despite just released from surgery. I know this one is healthy and different but it still bother me.

His position is high enough to request accommodation for her. Heck, just say to Sera her predicament and she would handle her room and she would handle it even without being ordered. There is a will there is a way and Sera is not lacking in will. He keep his bed and she have a room.

Dex-chan lover
Woah, I'm surprised. The compound bow actually looks (almost) proper. The cams are facing the wrong ends but that was definitely a binary cam system used by Bowtech, since the cables aren't yoked and connect directly from cam to cam. They even got a release aid with it too, many people who don't know archery tend to miss that detail about using compound bows.

That said, it's definitely not tuned, and the way he drew it was definitely not an archer's. Depending on the cam groove shape they can require a lot of energy to start drawing, so I guess he's just bruteforcing the bow draw.

Dex-chan lover
Hm. Shingo used a bow in ch10. I wonder what’s his experience with them.

Users who are viewing this thread