Jui-san no Oshigoto in Isekai

Edit: Sorry about my comment, ive deleted it for spoilers

Honestly i forgot what this is about, and seeing my rating means I didnt enjoy it and dont wanna dabble any further into this

Pai

Wow, some one needs to kick this author's teeth in. That was just a setup to punish readers.

I'm only a weak non-combat vet, waah waah waah. Hurry up and give this guy a Law author!

Dex-chan lover
Whiplashes moods too quickly and with weak reactions. The story starts slowly and calmly, but there are so many threads that go nowhere and threads that this weak willed (when it comes to standing his ground to people) protagonist just forgets or ignores.

Also, sudden incidents that completely change the tone and then completely change the tone back (in a bad way) are present, so be prepared for disappointment.

DAMN this goes dark! And @Elmithian isn't kidding about the whiplash. It feels like each panel was conceived and drawn individually, without thought of the overall flow of the chapter, so panels with a joke have comically drawn or deformed characters (think Fruits Basket or Full Metal Alchemist gag beats), even if one panel before that, someone's talking about taking their own life. There's no in-between panels where a character expresses bittersweet chagrin or is smiling despite themselves, it's either comedy or tragedy with no middle ground. I think it might be a case of poor adaptation, or bad communication between the writer and the artist(s), because sometimes it really feels like a line should have been that bit of a breather, but instead it's more wacky facial expressions!

The plot seems slapped together and empty, and I can't tell if it's bad writing or a bad adaptation, where things like side chapters showing other character's inner monologues were cut out to focus on the protagonist. There's the usual isekai genre staples like demihuman slaves and busty fifteen-year-olds all wanting to hop on Protag's dick because he showed the barest minimum of common decency, and the hero responds in the noncommittal way of a true harem protagonist. There's slimes and demonic beasts(?), but it's never really explained to us, the reader, what the world is like? Shingo spends the first few days/weeks getting cram-schooled on the world around him, but that happens off-screen with little glimpses for comedic effect (because girl character is over-enthusiastic about teaching him, ha ha). We don't know what he's taught, so when it cuts to people talking about world politics and mentioning things about the succession or the church, that means dick-all to us because they haven't told us jack! We're supposed to just know what's going on because Fantasy World, but if you cut the parts the explore the characters, and you cut the parts that build the world, and you do any sort of learning or growing off-panel, then what the fuck is left? Why are we even here? To listen to slaves complain about sexual assault for comedic effect, before immediately lamenting the horrors of slavery? Why should I want to read this!?

I agree with the mood whiplash others mentioned, and the spells in broken Portuguese are bloody annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread