[Just Asked] Almost all manga cover revert to volume 1

Contributor
I just wanna ask, is this some new rules on mangadex regarding manga cover or vandalism? almost all of them change into volume 1.
I realized that because I gone offline 20 hours

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Yeah, we're on it. I don't think the user in question was a malicious vandal. Just wasn't thinking or aware of our minimum resolution requirements for cover uploads. We're trying to get it fixed as quickly as we can.

Contributor
I was going to ask about that, but isn't it better to use only Vol. 1 covers to avoid any spoilers?

Oh, and no, it's not me who changed the covers, but for some manga I thought it could have been inconvenient like in X survival manga, you find X character which was supposed to be dead but appear in the latest cover which pretty much says at least who has survived when you're still in the early chapters.

Best example I guess would be Eden no Ori/Cage of Eden.

Group Leader
if you consider the stuff on bookstore shelves as "spoilers" then thats a personal problem.

really the only question is whether the volume covers should match the raws or the scanlations.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, isn't it better to keep the 1st cover? So that way, it's easier to remember which manga is being updated? Remembering the cover is often easier than remembering the long ass Japanese names (or the English ones if enough time passes). I don't understand why there need to even be a change when the purpose of the front cover is to get people to start the series and it helps identify the series... keeping a single consistent cover would be more helpful for that, with the other covers being in the covers tab in case we want to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread