Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

omg hes like a puPPY
i'm literally falling for him and his dangerous mullet so fastTT
like karina, if you don't want him, can i have him pLSS

Aww c'mon, he's so cute haha, pls marry him but as yourself, be honest to him and fight for your own freedom girl!

Tnks for your hardwork guys ~ ♡

Double-page supporter
He perfect and so sweet and friendly like an overgrown puppy. But that was a risky move to make since it'll just make them be more cruel to her.

Thanks for the translations!!

From what I’m reading so far Adele doesn’t want to accept his proposal because she’s currently *holding* on to the name ‘karina’ which is not hers, if news were to break out with an engagement between the duke and ‘karina’ Adele would *forever* have to carry the burden and the name of a girl that is not her. Adele wants to be herself, someone who isn’t related to the biftas, but someone who is free and happy away from the abuse that she had to endure during the times in the mansion. Not only with the name problem but how Adele knows that even if she were to escape death once doesn’t mean she can escape the next possible outcome waiting for her after marriage.

@stormdragon I hear you. But if she were truly afraid to stop living as Karina, if she was truly terrified, she would just run away and end their arrangement. Currently she is still living in the mansion and is still in the same situation as her previous life. So she’s not really adapting as a character. Sure she’s shown a little more backbone than before but nothing that has saved her from her previous end.

Even if she decides to take a chance with the engagement, she isn’t really worse off. Because she doesn’t exactly know how it would end, whereas right now, she definitely knows how it will end with her family. If her fears about living as Karina as a barrier, she could just explain the situation to him beforehand and see if he’s willing to carry through. If he doesn’t believe it or doesn’t want to, she’s not in a bad position because he’s a cursed duke and no one really associates with him anyway (so the chances of him outing her as slim). For me, I can just see more reason to justify the engagement than to refuse it. But you make really good points for me to think about

I guess she refused because it's like getting away from another shackles to what might be another shackle. Maybe she wants to break free from her role in her own and be independent. She's just being cautious..
But I hope the grand Duke will ease her worries.

Dex-chan lover
That reason is stupid. The grand duke cares not about the bifta name, nor he cares about Karina name either. Once alone she could just spill the beans.

Also she is in mortal danger right now, she is suposed to know that any day spent there she could be murdered. Its like someone not wanting to leave a burning house because then would be forced to pay for a hotel.

Users who are viewing this thread