Juunenme, Kikan wo Akirameta Tenisha wa Imasara Shujinkou ni naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - A New Journey Begins

Dex-chan lover
Wait, I am confused, why did the girls have to close down their company if they are the ones who stopped the crime scheme?

I am aware I am clearly getting something wrong, so could someone with better economic know-how please explain to me?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wait, I am confused, why did the girls have to close down their company if they are the ones who stopped the crime scheme?

I am clearly getting something wrong I know, so could someone with better economic know-how please explain to me?
Some countries have laws making corporations (a conceptual object) seen as a citizen (something with a physical body and individual mind) by the laws - which I assume is where the term "corporation" derives from: a body unto itself (corpus is latin for body or something similar).
So when the [conceptual] corporation performed smuggling, the [conceptual] corporation has to be tried and sit out jailtime or pay fines. At least I assume this is why they were fined like this, as otherwise it is utterly stupid and would outright actively discourage whistleblowing to the state when employees in your company leveraged it to perform crimes (well, it still kinda does. But not as much as if they themselves became considered criminals and had to pay their own assets).

In other words, the girls were not the ones paying the fines. But they and their parents had foolishly not ensured the ownership of stuff such as their mansion, artifacts, and other properties were their properties. And instead had it be a property of the corporation (likely because of tax reasons). Which is why it is included as the assets that the corporation can and has to pay the fines with, and they are left destitute (which was why the bad guy expected them to not reveal his smuggling).

Of course, the twins could just opt to not pay the fines with those assets - by not choosing to become responsible (guarantors? ceo's? unsure how this works) for the company (that was the bad guy. they were just daughters of the prior ceo). And maybe that is what happened and they just talked about how the lawyers liquidate the company as if it was them?
Also, they could even steal the assets claiming it was theirs and not property of the company being liquidated. But that risks getting accused of theft - particularly if there is paper trails.

Do remember that all of the above is me, a layman, talking out of my own ass with my shitty understanding of those concepts and processes :p

Dex-chan lover
Some countries have laws making corporations (a conceptual object) seen as a citizen (something with a physical body and individual mind) by the laws - which I assume is where the term "corporation" derives from: a body unto itself (corpus is latin for body or something similar).
So when the [conceptual] corporation performed smuggling, the [conceptual] corporation has to be tried and sit out jailtime or pay fines. At least I assume this is why they were fined like this, as otherwise it is utterly stupid and would outright actively discourage whistleblowing to the state when employees in your company leveraged it to perform crimes (well, it still kinda does. But not as much as if they themselves became considered criminals and had to pay their own assets).

In other words, the girls were not the ones paying the fines. But they and their parents had foolishly not ensured the ownership of stuff such as their mansion, artifacts, and other properties were their properties. And instead had it be a property of the corporation (likely because of tax reasons). Which is why it is included as the assets that the corporation can and has to pay the fines with, and they are left destitute (which was why the bad guy expected them to not reveal his smuggling).

Of course, the twins could just opt to not pay the fines with those assets - by not choosing to become responsible (guarantors? ceo's? unsure how this works) for the company (that was the bad guy. they were just daughters of the prior ceo). And maybe that is what happened and they just talked about how the lawyers liquidate the company as if it was them?
Also, they could even steal the assets claiming it was theirs and not property of the company being liquidated. But that risks getting accused of theft - particularly if there is paper trails.

Do remember that all of the above is me, a layman, talking out of my own ass with my shitty understanding of those concepts and processes :p
Kind of makes me wonder if demotivating people from snitching is the whole goal of making the girls pay.

Secret corrupt villain foreshadowing perhaps?

Dex-chan lover

I am aware I am clearly getting something wrong, so could someone with better economic know-how please explain to me?
Honestly, I assume it's mostly just replacing money that the asshole smuggled out. That still needs to come from somewhere and since their company was nearly defunct anyways all their assists probably would have been claimed anyways. At least this way they save some face and maybe even some money for themselves.

Dex-chan lover

It doesn't really matter when the damage has been done. SOMEONE has to pay, and even if they are eventually able to squeeze it out of Hasran, speed is important for both public order and to get the town's economy back on track.

From the very beginning, since they got themselves in that position, they were never going to be able to secure that mansion and all its valuable lost items, nevermind going off on a journey on top of that. They have the goodwill in the government in that they won't be treated as criminals or be barred from particular procedures, and the main reason to fight to keep some things is if you have dependents like children or staff.

By letting go of those and proving their expertise regarding lost items, those twins just need some work experience to leverage connections later down the line.

....also, these chapters are coming out pretty fast huh?

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this straight, their whole "investment" was moral support and a wonky promise with no clear goal of achieving it? And he just went, yep sure? Ok...
It's not like he needs their common knowledge like in other stupid mc stories, this dude lived here for 9years successfully with no problems, and if he was searching for everything related to earth "artifacts" this whole time their knowledge about them won't bring much to the table, at least not enough to warrant protecting them. Well, unless the author decides to make him not know shit and use them as exposition dumps or make them look smart... If so, 9years spent for nothing lol.

Double-page supporter
So let me get this straight, their whole "investment" was moral support and a wonky promise with no clear goal of achieving it? And he just went, yep sure? Ok...
It's not like he needs their common knowledge like in other stupid mc stories, this dude lived here for 9years successfully with no problems, and if he was searching for everything related to earth "artifacts" this whole time their knowledge about them won't bring much to the table, at least not enough to warrant protecting them. Well, unless the author decides to make him not know shit and use them as exposition dumps or make them look smart... If so, 9years spent for nothing lol.
It's not like he has any real clear goal himself, though. His only goal is "stop feeling the anxiety due to the fear of sudden transportation, and become comfortable with living in the world". He may have logically come to terms with it, but based on the chapters so far he's still dealing with anxiety - he's just pushing it down and ignoring it, rather than following it like he did before.

It's not like the girls are radioactive or anything - their situation has been handled, and they have no real ties to the town outside of the adventurer boss treating them like his granddaughters - so why not "accept" the investment and journey with them? It's not like he's got anything better to do.

Dex-chan lover
Cover Expectation:
"Oh dear, are we going to have this twin harem route somehow?"

reads

OKAY I'M SOLD! THESE GEEK TWIN RULES! LET'S ADVENTURE!
I'M IN!

THANKS FOR THE TRANSLATION!

Dex-chan lover
They're really just saying to form a party together. However, given the strong business sense of these two girls, they'll likely be using business logic in their adventures.

He wants a party, people to be with -- he only held off from that because he kept hoping/expecting to go home or somewhere else. And these two girls are hella smart and knowledgeable. Looks like an appealing fun party to me.

And BTW, I love that the girls are totally (lost) objectifying him. A welcome relief from instant love.

Isekai knowledge: Just because you're from earth doesn't mean that you know much about how to do/recreate anything from our world. Meanwhile, these girls have studied everything that they could get their hands on (including textbooks), so they are more knowledgeable about much stuff from our world than the MC is. (This was the whole point of the woods metal usage. They knew about it, but he didn't.)

Users who are viewing this thread