Juunenme, Kikan wo Akirameta Tenisha wa Imasara Shujinkou ni naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Red Thunder

Dex-chan lover
Almost all solid ideas, though the last two fall a little flat since his own strategy is defense through the sheer offense of his weapon and I don't think a Faraday cage would affect him at all since they simply stop the passage of electromagnetic signals in the air and he's presumably passing them along the wire connecting his chakrams.
Faraday cages impede magnetic waves too. The point is that it becomes trickier for both the electric attack and the magnetic tools themselves to go through a cage without physical force. Not impossible, but a lot of crappy faraday cages is better than nothing.

Reactions: le3
Double-page supporter
Ways to counter that, hmm....

Intense heat, to de-magnetize the metal.
Illusions, to disrupt his sense of balance.
Counter-grapple, using non-conductive arms like treants to grab each circle
Overwhelming offense, since no part of that is going to help him defensively
Faraday Cage might actually be the easiest to pull off.
Considering he can call down lightning, it seems like people have innate magic in this setting and his is electromagnetism.
Which means he doesn’t draw power from an enchanted weapon but instead the enchanted weapon draws power from him. Meaning there’s nothing to stop him from being a very weak Magneto without it and simply using electromagnetism on potential counters, and that this weapon is more how he chooses to fight and exert his magic rather than how he has to fight.

Edit: most of the counters in this thread rely on him only using the chakrams and also rely on having modern scientific knowledge of electromagnetism. Most people in this setting don’t even know what magnets are, let alone how they work. This is a medieval setting where the only knowledge of earth is through rare isekai’d books and the ultra rare book that’s actually about what you want to know. He has a Japanese highschool level education - even if he knows nothing about electromagnetism, he’d still know more than the average person.
To put it another way, while a modern rifle might have counters nowadays, a rifle in 1300 CE has no counters.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Considering he can call down lightning, it seems like people have innate magic in this setting and his is electromagnetism.
Which means he doesn’t draw power from an enchanted weapon but instead the enchanted weapon draws power from him. Meaning there’s nothing to stop him from being a very weak Magneto without it and simply using electromagnetism on potential counters, and that this weapon is more how he chooses to fight and exert his magic rather than how he has to fight.
Most of the methods I listed would work even if he used another medium for the electromagnetism.

Dex-chan lover

probably the reason he still rank 17 :v

Dex-chan lover

My first thought was also extreme heat. But illusion is also a good choise.
Grabbing each ring or at least enough to render it useless seems too extensive. And farade cage wont do much.
But I can expect a strong fire mage appear as his nemesis (and why do i feel that it'd be a woman?)

Dex-chan lover
Nah, MC's just torturing that guy at that point, literally zapping everyone else but him until the very end.

Dex-chan lover

Range weapon

His weapon 10 meter reach at best

Double-page supporter
in the alternative universe the book they found was a hentai doujin - gigitty gigitty goo!

Aggregator gang
If that is true, then, based on what we have seen, "Eagle Eye" might be able to counter him.
wouldn't Eagle Eye be the easiest to defeat since he would just reflect/deflect the bullets with his magnetism? It's, like, one of magnetism's most used properties in fantasy.

Actually, now that I think about it, Tohru can make a god-damn railgun out of his chakrams by putting them all in a row in front of each other, overcharging all at the same time with his electro-magnetism and launching a piece of metal through them, reaching insanely high speeds.

Fed-Kun's army
they sneaked into his room and waited there the entire night, watching every movement he made in his sleep, only to jump on him once he woke up.
Tottaly not sreepy at all.

Double-page supporter
wouldn't Eagle Eye be the easiest to defeat since he would just reflect/deflect the bullets with his magnetism? It's, like, one of magnetism's most used properties in fantasy.

Actually, now that I think about it, Tohru can make a god-damn railgun out of his chakrams by putting them all in a row in front of each other, overcharging all at the same time with his electro-magnetism and launching a piece of metal through them, reaching insanely high speeds.
If his magnetism doesn’t have a range limit aside from sight then he could just jam the trigger mechanism as well.

Dex-chan lover

Almost all solid ideas, though the last two fall a little flat since his own strategy is defense through the sheer offense of his weapon and I don't think a Faraday cage would affect him at all since they simply stop the passage of electromagnetic signals in the air and he's presumably passing them along the wire connecting his chakrams.
The problem with the heat method is that he is utilizing electromagnet energy, and the weapon itself is not a magnet that can lose its charge to control the Chakram's that are attached to each other with a chain.
Unsure if there is illusionary magic in this manga (world) but since he is such a high level I doubt it would work on him as in most manga only low ranking or individuals with a low constitution are affected by debuff's dealing mind effects.
Counter-grapple, using non-conductive arms I think would also be useless unless your agility allowed you to be able to move as fast as lightening since the weapon was moving too fast to be seen when it struck the Demon Centipede adventurers.
As for an overwhelming offense (See above) again he is controlling his weapon with electromagnetic energy that travels as fast as lightening, which would mean that you would have to move faster than 180 million meters per second. Also, since it is a chain weapon it would be similar to trying to approach a person with a razor-edged whip.
The problem with a Faraday Cage is that he is controlling the weapon by holding onto it, thus similiar to a microwave or your car it would not stop his weapon but isolate him with his weapon. The problem is if you ar4e in the faraday cage with him your dead and if you are not in the cage with him then he is free to escape the cage and attack you.

If I utilize the various D&D methods to counter this weapon I would rely on the following:
Utilize the strongest lightning you have to strike the individual and hope he doesn't ground himself.
Utilize Ice to incase the individual and hope that the ice works to stop the flow of electromagnetic energy.

But here again it depends on what skills he has and how he uses them. Currently we only know he has a skill to use electromagnetic energy but does this also allow him the use of lightening. I mean his nick name is Red Thunder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread