Juunenme, Kikan wo Akirameta Tenisha wa Imasara Shujinkou ni naru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Dungeon City Flareteria

le3

Dex-chan lover
Grand Merchant is suspicious...

Guess the inhabitants of this world have familiarise themselves with otherworld item and take advantage to enhance their technology.

Dex-chan lover
tartaric acid and lime, which form CO2 when they react in water, I’m guessing

Dex-chan lover
I assume by the name, the merchant is also someone from earth or by the way he looked back he's the solo ordered person named Eagle Eye or whatever it was

Dex-chan lover
I am really interested to how they balance the twins and his relationship. I like it so far. They know a lot of stuff and can fight a bit and he's the opposite. I hope it stays that way.

Aggregator gang
I think the author might be implying real life chemical ingredients here? I'm confident the white powder is sodium carbonate, which produces CO2 when combined with weak acid.

Dex-chan lover
The dangerous part is if the redox reaction keeps the potion buffs or just the fizz.

Theoretically you could do an entire cauldron of the stuff with wind and fire(for CO2) magic.

They'll only really be cooking with gas if they can synthesize flexible containers, though.
The glass bottles that are being used are just too thin-walled. The stoppers are probably only barely adequate as well, although the thickened lip of the opening reinforces the neck to let the stoppers sit very tightly. A thicker glass bottle might do better, just as a champagne bottle is able to hold in considerable pressure. Such a bottle , with a wire cage to secure the stopper, might allow the fun tradition of sabrage to open them with a sword! People would buy them just for that.

If glass is still inadequate, maybe some kind of fiber reinforcement would help? Like tightly wrapping the bottle with [the webbing of the monster spider that's always in dungeons].

Dex-chan lover
While "vintner" and "wine maker" and "wine merchant" are casually used interchangeably, the vintner is supposed to be the manager of a winery who oversees growth and harvesting grapes. They may also be involved in marketing/sales, though (I am a little uncertain about that part. It's been a while since I read about it). An "oenologist" in concerned with the science of actually making the wine. (our local ag college has a state extension oenologist)

Dex-chan lover
The glass bottles that are being used are just too thin-walled. The stoppers are probably only barely adequate as well, although the thickened lip of the opening reinforces the neck to let the stoppers sit very tightly. A thicker glass bottle might do better, just as a champagne bottle is able to hold in considerable pressure. Such a bottle , with a wire cage to secure the stopper, might allow the fun tradition of sabrage to open them with a sword! People would buy them just for that.

If glass is still inadequate, maybe some kind of fiber reinforcement would help? Like tightly wrapping the bottle with [the webbing of the monster spider that's always in dungeons].
I think it's more than thickness. Bottles that shatter from fizz would shatter from all sorts of other things too.

Maybe the glass itself is reacting with the fizz, becoming brittle in the process? The borax was not uniformly mixed into the glass, which lets the fizz react to it?

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps I'm looking too deep into this, but wouldn't that hotspring town have some sort of patent on that sparkling potion?

Either way, I can't imagine them being very happy about a copy of their town's brand product suddenly appearing on the market.
This will probably be related to the 'downfall' mentioned at the end of chapter 4.

Though on the other hand, one can also look at it from a different angle: with sparkling potions being so famous and widespread, more people will be interested to visit the town where it originated from, giving the place a healthy tourism boost.

Perhaps I'm looking too deep into this, but wouldn't that hotspring town have some sort of patent on that sparkling potion?

Either way, I can't imagine them being very happy about a copy of their town's brand product suddenly appearing on the market.
Sadly this happen many time in history, even specially now there is a term that called ACM "Analyze Copy Modificate" , and I imagine they either don't have patent system or don't know or just simply think its their secret recipe that no one can replicate it.

Dex-chan lover
I was really hoping that old dude would actually be cool and not just pretending...

Aggregator gang
I feel like they could be stronger than him eventually if the author will let it happen because they have unique powers (that can't be learned) and he doesn't. Also there are two of them, so if each is half as strong as him, they're already stronger, because coordination is worth something.

Getting serious waifu vibes from them. They did that harsh training with him, that they probably didn't like very much, out of love (maybe?). And they're not demure at all; they do whatever they want most of the time. Nobody likes girls who are too submissive. Manic pixie dream girl is their type, I guess, cause they'll be forcing male lead into doing everything he does from now on, not that he seems to mind very much.
I shudder to imagine what they can be capable of when (if?) they learn magic/enchanting. Perfectly timed blinding flashes? One twin binds the monster while the other crashes a meteor on top of them? Casting Implosion a split second after Explosion to tear the outer layer of a monster from the inner? One casts an all-frequency barrier while another lights a fire inside to suffocate the enemy? So many possibilities.

Also hell yeah, having passion and taking initiative is such a plus. I do wonder if author would decide to delve into the potential drama of having such similar personalities, to the point where they almost behave as one person; or if it will remain a gimmick; or maybe he will actually make them differ more as the time passes.

Dex-chan lover
No, I'll back you up on this one. The oldest still working mechanical clock is the Salisbury Clock dated 1386. There are records of earlier clocks from 1335.

Then there are non-clock mechanical devices that go much further back. The most famous being the Antikythera Mechanism, an astronomical computer that dates to (estimated) between 204 to 87 BC. It had 37 precise gears, so its maker had the technology to produce a clock, even if they lacked the invention of one.
The difficulty of that clock in the manga isn't so much that it's just any clock, but it's a clock with seemingly floating hands.

From the looks of it, they already knew what the clock was good for when they picked it up. I doubt it would have still been moving when they found it, and they should have substituted the power source in their reproduction (ie from batteries to a wound spring). So the clock shouldn't have been remarkable if it were any other ordinary clock.

Users who are viewing this thread