Kaette Kudasai! Akutsu-san - Ch. 170

Dex-chan lover
Why's he beating around the bush? Just tell me directly, damn it!
You don't get to talk bitch.

Of course white day ended with just nothing.
Why do romcoms always treat confessing like some formal procedure you need to go through to officially date? Like, these two dumbasses already made it pretty clear to each other they have mutual feelings. Both know it, both want to date each other. There is quite literally nothing stopping them from becoming an item other than this dumbfuck notion that they can't do it until one of them goes "I hereby profess my feelings of love for you and humbly request to enter a formal romantic relationship with you".

There is no fucking point to this shit other than to drag things out and milk this "will they, won't they" (they obviously will) bullshit that no one fucking enjoys.
Oh, didn't you know? If two people love each other very much and want to start dating they can only do so if the government approves. For that, they either need to hand in written report on their plans of dating or they need to confess in front of a witness who can report it to the authorities. Otherwise they aren't an official couple /s

Does anyone have any recomendations for something where they don't drag out the "will they won't they" stuff and instead show more of the actual relationship? Horimiya was my introduction to anime and manga and I feel like the bar got set a little high.
Ase to Sekken. If you don't mind a more mature story. It's easily one of the best romance manga, I can highly recommend it to you.

Dex-chan lover
She outsmarted him. That's a rarity.

Now, don't walk out of this situation without clearing it up. I mean, they're going to, but still.

Why do romcoms always treat confessing like some formal procedure you need to go through to officially date?
Because that's a definitive closure on getting together. Fiction doesn't like those realistic, soft evolutions. It's also why psychological trauma is usually solved by a silver bullet solution that erases the entire problem all at once, rather than gradually dealing with the shit ton of issues those characters would realistically have.

Dex-chan lover
Mom and dad Akutsu gonna have a kid by the time these two finally sort themselves out

Ooyma knows he loves her, BUT she has NEVER explicitly relayed to him that SHE feels the same.
He believes that she is hanging out with him until she gets a boyfriend. He wants to ask her out, but lacks the courage to do it now. She is just too shy and stupid to tell him how she feels. She knows he wants to ask her out and she is trying to set up conditions for that. She will probably get so flustered that she admits her feelings to him before he can confess his feeling to her.

Dex-chan lover
Substitute Author Captain-san here:

"We replaced the smoosh sounds with actual smoosh and smooching for the next chapter. It's PG18, so don't expect any pictures to be released, unless we censor the entire page, minus 70% of the dialogue as well.

We hope you enjoy your stay in fictional Akutsuland, where Ooyama has already scored since 100 chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
Wait she let him motorboat? Alright now we're gettin somewhere!

Ooyama in them badboys like
motorboating-motor.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone have any recomendations for something where they don't drag out the "will they won't they" stuff and instead show more of the actual relationship? Horimiya was my introduction to anime and manga and I feel like the bar got set a little high.
Insomniacs after School is my gold standard. It has a very natural feeling way of writing a relationship that's usually not found in manga/anime

Users who are viewing this thread