Kaette Kudasai! Akutsu-san - Ch. 186

Group Leader
Mom is like "Okay, if you're not going to college, I want grandkids within 12 months."

Dex-chan lover
"if you are not going to college, give me a fucking grandson as fast as you can so we can send him to college"

Supporter
I want to say it’s a terrible reason to give up on college. You can rent some other place near college and live together there while she can start working and he can do some part time.

Dex-chan lover
That's surprisingly open-minded of his mom and really shows that she trusts both of them.

...Or she wants that grandkid sooner than later.
She wants them to make sure that they're serious and he won't regret what he's doing. She's doing that by forcing them to commit to a big step forward instead of pussyfooting around.

Dex-chan lover
Are they both 18 yet? Because that's probably the only obstacle left.
A 16 or 17 year old can marry with the consent of their parent. It used to be even younger (especially for the girl) before changes a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what the absolute minimum age is though. I believe that it is the same with cohabitation.

Dex-chan lover
He's not a tool, but it is his tool that will produce grandchildren
He did not see that coming but he will be coming soon. (Works better verbally so that the different spelling doesn't matter.)

Side note... What do you think the best thing to do in Cumming is?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk › Attractions-g34877-Activities-Cumming_Georgia.html

THE 10 BEST Things to Do in Cumming (2024) - Tripadvisor

Cumming is blessed to have such a phenomenal facility. The instructional/therapy pool is excellent for workouts and classes, while the competition pool is perfect for those long swims. The staff is friendly and makes every day a joy to swim.

Supporter
A 16 or 17 year old can marry with the consent of their parent. It used to be even younger (especially for the girl) before changes a couple of years ago. I'm not sure what the absolute minimum age is though. I believe that it is the same with cohabitation.
That changed a couple years ago. It's 18 for both now, and i believe neither party needs approval anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Kota and Riko have very pure motives for working: it's for love!

Of course, for Kota, he has to confess to his mom why he wants to stay at the apartment. And mom approved of the reason! Just make sure he and Akutsu get married as soon as possible though!
fun fact: I can relate to it.
When I was younger and before starting to date my wife, I didn't really had a good motivation to go after a job (I have ADHD so this really weights and common sense would not work really well).
Then, after I start dating I wanted to be able to do more things with her, then I got a job.

Dex-chan lover
I heard that it is very common in Japan, from my retiring japanese colleague.
really?, although I don't want to bring up stereotypes, Asians tend to describe their parents as strict and put a very high pressure on school, career and family. Sure, you could say that the mother wants grandkids, but a "real" parent would ask something along the lines of "do you have a plan?", "how do you expect to provide without a professional job that requires higher education?", "have you considered a long distance relationship while you secure your future together??". The kid is 17-18 and clearly very dumb and innocent. So this is why it is just so odd the mother just tells him "just go full send bro, no halfsies". I understand the mom is liberal and in terms on writing we dont want 5 episodes of a very real conversation between a parent and child. But C'mon, not even a little pushback from the mother is what's so bonkers to me.

Banned
what the hell more "working towards marriage" could he still need? just do it, japanese man

Users who are viewing this thread