Kaette Kudasai! Akutsu-san - Vol. 8 Ch. 155

Dex-chan lover
i see some complaints about the progress in this series, but I don't think it's bad at all when you compare it to a lot of other romcoms. they both admitted to themselves that they love the other. Akutsu actually knows Ooyama loves him because he said when he thought she was sleeping. Ooyama said he was going to confess in the new year. there really isn't a question if they'll get together, but when. the series has no annoying third party getting in the way. every character in the series constantly tries to push them both together. the whole series is them flirting and then being awkward afterward which is funny and I'm good with that.

Dex-chan lover
i see some complaints about the progress in this series, but I don't think it's bad at all when you compare it to a lot of other romcoms. they both admitted to themselves that they love the other. Akutsu actually knows Ooyama loves him because he said when he thought she was sleeping. Ooyama said he was going to confess in the new year. there really isn't a question if they'll get together, but when. the series has no annoying third party getting in the way. every character in the series constantly tries to push them both together. the whole series is them flirting and then being awkward afterward which is funny and I'm good with that.
Let's not forget that we spend the first third of the series with Ooyama literally being afraid of a random delinquent girl occupying his home against his will lmao. And she would unironically bully him. So I would definitely say that we've come a long way since then.

Supporter
lol even the side characters are getting pissed at how drawn out this is

Dex-chan lover
Why are manga romances so incompetent? Seriously this happens all the time and you literally have to have the supporting case fucking do all the work because they are so damn incompetent.

Dex-chan lover
Let's not forget that we spend the first third of the series with Ooyama literally being afraid of a random delinquent girl occupying his home against his will lmao. And she would unironically bully him. So I would definitely say that we've come a long way since then.
It's interesting to note a device you mentioned. She was literally in his space, albeit against his will (sort of), for quite some time. While a realistic stretch in itself (only justified by his fear, as when Ooya offered to get rid of Akutsu his mindset had shifted), it sets the stage better than some for "forced interaction". Is it fully realistic? Of course not. I can recall several that have a much more "fantastic" take on the same concept; plane crash, post-apocalyptic scenarios and the like, and the more mundane, working together etc. While most are reasonable to an extent, I do appreciate Ooyama's actual personality/mentality being the justification, rather than something environmental.

Users who are viewing this thread