Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Web Novel Equivalent: Arc 3 Chapters 30-32 (parts of each, since the events were rearranged in the Manga)

I don't really see people mentioning this, but I found it interesting that Ix and Frau both have the surname Dulight (デュライト), which they also share in common with Lauren Dulight, the knight that Tweight fought in an exhibition match in Chapter 7.

As an aside, I recently enjoyed (and also recommend) the manga advertised on Page 8 (I want to Pamper the Holy Maiden; it's here on MangaDex), for reasons. One of which is that it has the same artist as this manga (kanco). Although, it ended with 5 (and a .5) chapters, with only 4 scanlated.

Dex-chan lover
Web Novel Equivalent: Arc 3 Chapters 30-32 (parts of each, since the events were rearranged in the Manga)

I don't really see people mentioning this, but I found it interesting that Ix and Frau both have the surname Dulight (デュライト), which they also share in common with Lauren Dulight, the knight that Tweight fought in an exhibition match in Chapter 7.

As an aside, I recently enjoyed (and also recommend) the manga advertised on Page 8 (I want to Pamper the Holy Maiden; it's here on MangaDex), for reasons. One of which is that it has the same artist as this manga (kanco). Although, it ended with 5 (and a .5) chapters, with only 4 scanlated.
Turns out the manga you mention was one of the those that serve as the ads for the light novel. Ch. 5 even ended just when action about to happen.

Dex-chan lover

Why that 4 years ago manga advertised in today manga? It is re released?

Dex-chan lover
For the Spoiler-hungry people:

1. The Bad Guy
The main enemy that Tweight faces off against in this arc is Vallen.

2. Motivations
As seen/hinted at in this chapter, Vallen and Ix used to be friends (or on friendly terms), though this changed when Frau died in the Great Hero-Demon War. While Ix was able to move on from his sister's death, and decided to fulfill her wish of establishing the Common Course, Vallen couldn't. Instead, he cursed the weakness of the Kingdom, which he saw as responsible for Frau's death. In his mind, the weakness of the Kingdom stemmed from their complacency; from living in peace. To address this, he wanted to instill a sense of crisis in the Kingdom, so that the Kingdom would not be complacen; so that more lives like Frau's wouldn't be lost.

3. Mira
Mira is there, on the orders of the President, to prevent others from interrupting Tweight and Vallen's "duel". The purpose of the "duel", as she later tells the trio, is to determine who should participate in War Game.

4. The "Duel"(with context)
Ix already knew that Vallen was doing, yet couldn't bring himself to stop it (even though he and Vallen are equally strong), as it wouldn't get rid of the root cause: Vallen's grudge against the weakness of the Kingdom. So instead, he allows Tweight to duel Vallen, since to Vallen, Tweight is a student of the Common Course, which he vehemently opposes (as it conflicts with his ideals). If Vallen loses against Tweight, he is forced to admit that perpetually living with a sense of crisis does not necessarily make one strong, and that peace is necessary. Whereas if it had been Ix who duelled Vallen, nothing would have changed, as they already oppose each other.

Dex-chan lover
Came back to this, after reading 5 chapters a while ago...
Yep!
Still good!

Users who are viewing this thread