Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! - Ch. 64

Dex-chan lover
she's the best

GEGE.png

Dex-chan lover
AM26kCZ.png

Can you all keep it down, man's trying to sleep.
bNDhSLF.png
sDH6dfg.png

Who's the real pleb now?
And my guy just proved that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Fed-Kun's army
They want to revive Diabolos's right arm, but his entire body can't beat the MC

Dex-chan lover
Suzuki styled on the traitor with a pen. Can't wait for Aurora to pop out again!

There is a difference between Fan-Translators and Localizers.
If you mix them, some might get angry.
Both are supposed to accurately translate

And yet, we blame the corpos when they push their agendas and not the Fan-translators when they introduce memes.

I mean, come on, let's be not kid ourselves

Dex-chan lover
"Localizers" are just translators under a different name, because some people decided they needed a new group of people to blame and hate for stuff they don't like.
see the thing is that these "localizers" don't call themselves translators, in fact they hate being called translators. they actively go about spreading the word about how "localizers" are different than translators because "localizers" have the liberty of adapting the content into an entirely different thing whilst translators are limited to translating the content as close as possible to the original.

we didn't start calling them "localizers" just to differentiate who to hate, they told us that's what they are. so don't blame us for calling them exactly what they want to be called and hating them when they ruined things.

Double-page supporter
Aw man, do chapters really only come out once a month? Pain. :fml:

As to the discussion on things.... Fan translations usually aren't pushing stuff with an agenda to influence/normalize their worldview/ideology either overtly or in a subtle manner like localizers do (retconning the identity of crossdressing/femboy/etc type characters for blatantly obvious reasons in video games the past few years comes to mind).

Fan-translators stay close to the source material, and any deviation whatsoever is to get the point across with notes explaining it, or to stick to the spirit/intent/tone of the work. That's the difference.

With the amount of memes and references from other manga/anime in this series it fits the theme perfectly of this manga even if not explicitly done. If the creator knew the popularity of the meme, they'd definitely have taken the chance to use it imo. No issue with them doing it even if not present in this specific situation. (I'm usually one of those types that definitely doesn't like taking liberties with the TLs). Zero reason to knock Biamam at all. They do a lot better job than most TLs out there.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
see the thing is that these "localizers" don't call themselves translators, in fact they hate being called translators. they actively go about spreading the word about how "localizers" are different than translators because "localizers" have the liberty of adapting the content into an entirely different thing whilst translators are limited to translating the content as close as possible to the original.

we didn't start calling them "localizers" just to differentiate who to hate, they told us that's what they are. so don't blame us for calling them exactly what they want to be called and hating them when they ruined things.
You only hate them, because you claim Agendas you don't like.
I remember when companies went and made gay couples straight in the translation or into "cousins", bad translations and localisations in general happened in the 90s as well. Nothing about this is new, yet suddenly it's a conspiracy to "ruin stuff".
And don't get me started on fan translations, those love to insert their own jokes, like when the Girls und Panzer guys inserted random german words, making that version unwatchable.
It's how we always had to live, when we didn't speak/read japanese ourselves. That's why I stopped watching dubs and don't read much in my own language to begin with.

Dex-chan lover
Both are supposed to accurately translate

And yet, we blame the corpos when they push their agendas and not the Fan-translators when they introduce memes.

I mean, come on, let's be not kid ourselves
Meme's are different from Agendas which completely change the meaning of the Scene in question.

Meme's are meant to be funny, not something meant to be taken serious, and as long as it is in reference to the Scene content, it works (but if it doesn't people would complain).

As for "some" Localizers, they translate a Scene in such a way that it changes how the Scene is meant to be.

Like the example of the Localization fiasco with Mushoku Tensei Light Novel by Seven Seas Entertainment.
The Localizers translated the content in such a way that it was basically a Censorship, as they removed a lot of key references which relates to a character (and people didn't know about it until the Anime was released, and people compared the original Japanese with the localized version).

There is also other situation in Light Novel, Manga & Anime Sub, when Localizers changed the dialogue to mean something completely different.

Like the recent example (that i remember) of "TsukiMichi" Anime Season 2 Episode 6.
The Crunchyroll Localizers translated one dialogue as,
* "He (a person who was looking at the character lewdly) could learn a thing or two from the young master (the person she works for)"
But in reality the Japanese dialogue actually said said,
* "Younger Master could learn a few things on how to be lecherous from him (the lecherous guy)"

As seen, the Localizers changed the meaning is completely in that dialogue.

Good Fan-Translators usually try to be as accurate to the content of the scene as they can in order to convey how the Author wanted the scene or characters to be like.

But in most cases Localizers don't do that, as they try to implement either the current western outlook or their own personal outlook on the work of an Author.

And there are some serious cases as well, where the Localizers had been down right disrespectful to the Author a series, to the point that when the situation got out of hand on social media, the publishing company had to cut ties with those Localizers. Like these ones.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I remember when companies went and made gay couples straight in the translation or into "cousins", bad translations and localisations in general happened in the 90s as well. Nothing about this is new, yet suddenly it's a conspiracy to "ruin stuff".
And don't get me started on fan translations, those love to insert their own jokes, like when the Girls und Panzer guys inserted random german words, making that version unwatchable.
It's how we always had to live, when we didn't speak/read japanese ourselves. That's why I stopped watching dubs and don't read much in my own language to begin with.
Not all Fan-Translators are good.
And when there is low quality ones, or ones which aren't accurate, people do complain about them a lot (you can see it more now a day with the increase of sub-par and down right bad fan-translations which are basically unedited Machine translations).

As for the the situation in the 90's. There wasn't really a big common information network to begin with for people to know about those stuff.
But as the Internet grew and people started to watch the original unedited content, people had started to hate those changes as well.
It was a conspiracy then and it's conspiracy now, just the side of the coins had changed.

Like the change of relation between Touya Kinomoto & Yukito Tsukishiro in the Cardcaptor Sakura Anime.
The Japanese version makes it clear that Touya & Yukito are in a homosexual relationship, but the Dub changed it all. But people didn't use to see Japanese source during the 90's, so they didn't know. So, when they learned about it, people started to complain a lot about it.
There were various Dub changes for many series, like Yu-Gi-Oh as well, which when people learned about, they started to prefer the Subs.

This is one of the reason behind the start of the Sub Vs. Dub war that had been active for a long time.

Also, no one is saying that all Localization's or Localizers are bad.
There are many which are clearly quite good, like the ones done by J-Novel Club for example, who originally were a group of Fan-Translators, who latter became commercial after creating their own Localization company, and is considered to be one of the best when it comes to accurate translations.

But we can't ignore that, there are many Localizers who are doing a really bad job at it.

Double-page supporter
Not all Fan-Translators are good.
And when there is low quality ones, or ones which aren't accurate, people do complain about them a lot (you can see it more now a day with the increase of sub-par and down right bad fan-translations which are basically unedited Machine translations).

As for the the situation in the 90's. There wasn't really a big common information network to begin with for people to know about those stuff.
But as the Internet grew and people started to watch the original unedited content, people had started to hate those changes as well.
It was a conspiracy then and it's conspiracy now, just the side of the coins had changed.

Like the change of relation between Touya Kinomoto & Yukito Tsukishiro in the Cardcaptor Sakura Anime.
The Japanese version makes it clear that Touya & Yukito are in a homosexual relationship, but the Dub changed it all. But people didn't use to see Japanese source during the 90's, so they didn't know. So, when they learned about it, people started to complain a lot about it.
There were various Dub changes for many series, like Yu-Gi-Oh as well, which when people learned about, they started to prefer the Subs.

This is one of the reason behind the start of the Sub Vs. Dub war that had been active for a long time.

Also, no one is saying that all Localization's or Localizers are bad.
There are many which are clearly quite good, like the ones done by J-Novel Club for example, who originally were a group of Fan-Translators, who latter became commercial after creating their own Localization company, and is considered to be one of the best when it comes to accurate translations.

But we can't ignore that, there are many Localizers who are doing a really bad job at it.
Weird, the only debate about the topic I tend to see is "all localizers are woke shitheads that hate Japan11!! Everything has to be translated literally, even if that makes no sense." So yh there's quite a few who really mean "all" and use no nuance in the debate. Now you can discount those people as stupid and they probably are, but as usual they are the loudest in the debate. So I get annoyed everytime the topic is brought up, even if by rational people, cause no one specifies that they mean this one change in this one manga/anime.

Dex-chan lover
you are such a dickrider. stop defending corpo slop coming from people that actively tweet about how they very much so intentionally change things because they hate the original and they hate the fans of the product just as much. it's not a conspiracy when they straight up tell us what they're doing and we have evidence of what they're doing.

Double-page supporter
you are such a dickrider. stop defending corpo slop coming from people that actively tweet about how they very much so intentionally change things because they hate the original and they hate the fans of the product just as much. it's not a conspiracy when they straight up tell us what they're doing and we have evidence of what they're doing.
I actually defend no one in particular, note how I mentioned how bad tl is nothing new from Corps.
But you too will learn to live with people having different opinions on topics you believe to own the true opinion on.

Dex-chan lover
I want to see how Shadow is going to die... I mean Suzuki is going to die. Dramaticaly I suppose.

Dex-chan lover
I actually defend no one in particular, note how I mentioned how bad tl is nothing new from Corps.
But you too will learn to live with people having different opinions on topics you believe to own the true opinion on.
I don't remember anyone liking the censoring of anime in the 90's and a lot of people talked about it, just wasn't as visible ebcuase the internet was not as big with the normies as it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread