Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 3 Ch. 10.2

Dex-chan lover
@Merilirem
The novel explains it as he's making this sniping attack. The reason he can still use his magic.
Mana can't be seen with the naked eye, in this series. Except for the people from Shadow Garden. The reason for this is the density of the energy. Mana is like air. The mana density of the Shadow Garden girls is like mist. The main character's mana is liquid so thick nearly solid. The main character figured out a way to refine his energy into a much purer and more powerful form. It also shows up as a pure violet color, for some reason.
That's why a single drop of the main character's mana is a few hundred times stronger than the same volume of a 'normal' mage's mana. The SG girls have mana much stronger than a normal mage, but even their density pales compared to 'Shadow-sama's".
His mana is literally so dense that the magic canceling relic can't actually do more than weaken it by a small amount. He still has most of his power, lol.

Any energy that is shown from anyone else is active magic. For instance, a fire spell. The mana can't be seen, but the flame can.

Fed-Kun's army
I didn't think I would laugh that much at his to-do-list, but it delivers the change of pace so perfectly. Spot on I'd say.

Dex-chan lover
Is he a sociopath or a psychopath? His blatant disregard for the events around him is reaching a breaking point.

you know, i have read the novel translation too. and so far the thing that bother me most about this story is how despite the author going full joke, the plot is more in the interesting side and how the whole 'reveling' is done quite well in between the full retardation of the MC.
this made me view the story less like a comedy and more like a tragedy. mc has some issue with his soul that makes him be impaired mentally, but in his lunacy he breaks through the schemes of a quite dark set up. but i feel like i really shouldn't even consider taking a "comedy" this serious, and my feeling have become a mess.
but if you remove mc and consider everything else, the world is quite full of life and tragedy. and everything doesn't seem as shallow as it generally is in such stories.
and now i have begun reevaluating my ability to rate a novel/comic.... -_- i hate that i love this.

hm...

Deadpool-2-1460389008.gif

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga and story. I agree with the other guy, if you remove the MC, the setting is extremely dark and tragic. However its not without the MC and his point of view removes how dark and full of life the world is because hes fucking crazy, his luck and OP skill changes the genre completely; however if you view it through the lens of any other characters, the world is tragic, only the ones that know of the MC allows the world to become lighter but still dark, The MC's POV completely changes the genre of the story from the POV of any other character.

The overall story is life and tragic, sure but that's nothing new, there's plenty of manga about tragedy and depressing. This MC just spit in the face of destiny, which is refreshing.
And the comedy add depth to his character.

Users who are viewing this thread