Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

this doesn't have a good plot or characters, it's just fun to read. Very fun to read, I'd recommend it to everyone 8/10

"I stripped naked and kept hitting myself against a great tree to gain omnisentience"
--Cid, Master of the Sacred Art of Mob-fu and Leader of Shadow Garden

The description might make it sound generic, but this is a (very good) parody/deconstruction of isekai and several other anime tropes (secret/shadow organizations, magic school, op protagonists, spies and assassins). It can be thought of as an IsekaixOverlordxCode Geass parody. It manages to make fun of all these things while having a ridiculous plot that gets even more ridiculous as the story progresses. The random humor is great, the gags rarely get stale, and the writing is hilarious. It rarely takes itself seriously, but when it does (the action scenes), it's still really entertaining. The MC is op but hilariously oblivious while living his own chuuni fantasy (which makes for some really funny scenarios). The harem isn't even a harem, and he treats his Shadow Organization somewhat like how Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord treats his floor guardians. I can only call such a work pure genius.
Overall, I find this funnier than Konosuba and I hope it gets an anime adaptation soon. The memes will be the finest.

Dex-chan lover
Every time I find one good Isekai it only comes out monthly. Really sucks.
At least Solo Leveling is a weekly thing. But it's not Isekai, it's fantasy.

Aggregator gang
Wait is hell next chap when. Author should make this serie weekly or biweekly

@Eolair I can hear it now, shouting his head off talking pure, top-tier BS while doing that pompous voice.... You could also have Mamoru Miyano (HOUOUIN KYOUMA!) I can almost hear the BS spewing out like a fountain about the "Organization" (Diabolos Cult) El Psy Congroo!

The current WN got axed on 203 (Cuz author wants to focus on the LN, just like Overlord) Manga Ch 21 = Last 3 scentences of 65-68

i don't like that he will fuck his friend money by a lot it's almost like if it's not a girl he doesn't care what happens to that person

@me474 I mean like he doesn’t really give a shit about anybody...all he cares about is being an eminence in the shadows. Literally nothing else matters to him.

The girls just happen to coincide with his interests and that guy doesn’t.

The T/N in chapter 21 says Ketsuhat is derived from "spanking with a bat," but the interpretation that I like is that ketsu (ass) + hat gives you asshat.

Honestly, I also like your interpretation @Watashig but I'll share mine as well. Japanese writers love their puns and wordplay, and another way of Romanizing the fiance's name would be "Dom Getshit". Heh.

Ngl I rally hope this gets made into an abune some day, and I really hope they use this translation too because it makes this manga SO much better imo

Fed-Kun's army
I love these " I don't want to stand out but I'm too stupid and end up standing out splendidly" manga. It kills brain cells yet still manage to be good fun.

Users who are viewing this thread