Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 21 Ch. 204 - Tsubame Koyasu and Yu Ishigami: Part 2

Dex-chan lover
they did my mans dirty, i didnt 100% like the senpai but i tought that if she accepted she would get better overtime but damn, now im mad coz hes gonna endup with his abuser, miko doesnt deserve him, at this point i think its better if he stays alone, meh maybe the glasses girl in the future? who knows, just anyone expect miko's abusive ass

Dex-chan lover
Two kinds of posters:
- the ones who feel empathy for Ishigami and his feelings.
- the ones who only care about their ship with Miko being a rebound girl.

Dex-chan lover
as long as they're not dead, there's still chance that they will end up married

Double-page supporter
This is normal, but the being friends part is a no no.
Our boy still has chance to heal and move foward...

Yeah, no way they'll have a health relationship as friends.
If you sad people keep going away after you rejected them and proposed friendship, should not have gave hope of a relationship to them, then.

I'm hoping he distancies himself from her, too, and finds someone who can give a straight answer instead of a sorry excuse after a month or so.
(how long was it between his first confession and her reply? you got the idea)

bab6413df07586f37eac654c5cf908d4e5f578c5c9dd4618699927684ee82b0c_1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@mal2012 It did set off a lot of flags, up to that point I and others believed in a chance of both winning depending on how things went, but in that scene it became clear that Tsubame couldn't reciprocate his feelings the way he wanted, because if she could she should've done it by that point, the fact that it took over 3 months for a proper answer to come after that were more nails to the coffin but people kept refusing to see it.

I don't think she's evil or anything like that, it's just that she never had to reject someone as sincere and close to her as Ishigami so she didn't know how to act and we ended up with this mess.

It had to be done. This was super affecting and I'm reminded of the end of Mob Psycho 100. I just want to clap Ishigami on the shoulder and take him out to lunch.

That being said, seeing people so butt hurt brings a smile to my face. This was a great arc and Tsubame isn't somehow invalidated as a character because she can't bring herself to reciprocate his feelings. In fact this makes her a far more realistic character than she would be otherwise.

Stay mad. Heaven forbid this comes to a mature and realistic ending.

@Nintendoomed89 said:
“That being said, seeing people so butt hurt brings a smile to my face. This was a great arc and Tsubame isn't somehow invalidated as a character because she can't bring herself to reciprocate his feelings. In fact this makes her a far more realistic character than she would be otherwise.”
In an interview with Aka Akasaka, he admitted he wanted to write such a story, but he felt he couldn't approach it from a typical manga-writer's point of view. This writer has spoiled me rotten. Even though he uses typical events like: fireworks, outings, etc., this work resembles no other I've seen. It's funny, genuine, heart-warming and convincing. It's like I'm actually gazing into the lives of some very interesting students, their struggles, their mishaps, etc. However, the author never takes these things for granted, offering up a refried version of the same old tropes. I have to admit my disappointment in other school-life manga when compared to this little gem.

It's amusing that a manga author tackles a topic he's not an expert in (school stories) and, besides getting two Anime seasons, manages to haul a very large audience through over 200 chapters with us on the edge of our seats saying, "Gahhh!! What happens next?!" -- regardless how much or how little we like what's happening.

Users who are viewing this thread