Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Cool, more kick ishigami while he's down all the fucking time and then get /shocked/ that he's okay with killing himself
this is the stupidest shit the author tries to pull. The joke wasnt funny in the first place.

Fed-Kun's army
i know im gonna get a ton of flakk for this, but i'm in the unpopular opinion camp for this series. I was suggested this manga by many friends and i think they shot my expectations up a bit too high. A lot of the jokes just didn't land for me, most of the times i find myself cringing. I feel like a lot of the situations revolve around schadenfreude, and that type of humor just doesn't click for me.
I find myself struggling to make it past the first volume because of how formulaic the chapters are in the beginning, not that it's a bad thing, but it makes outcomes very predictable. It's like how in pokemon , team rocket shows up and you know they are gonna fail in their harebrained schemes , blast off at the end of the episode, only to show up in the next with a similar harebrained scheme not to different from the first.

@Ciel88
Sure, you can have your own opinions. No manga is for everyone.

Having said that, this manga would have become tiresome if the premise never changed past the first volume. It's that popular because it did evolve instead of other manga like say, Nisekoi, Hayate or Ah My Goddess. which were infamous for years of nothing happening and rushing an unsatisfying ending out of nowhere at the end. Kaguya uses the premise to catch viewers and then lets the character development keep the viewers interested. You don't like the initial premise, then there's nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
now that the main couple's pretty much done with, the side character's love triangle seems way more interesting then the two tsunderes being deres.

@Ciel88
if you want to hear more opinion, I actually have the similar opinion and dropped it kinda early. even the anime that came out, I can't even finish the first episode. but sometimes later, I kinda just want to see why it got such fairly high rating and decided to see it all and I remember, clearly remember that my opinion suddenly turn 180 after Ishigami came into play. I feel like it become less formulaic and more unpredictable right after that point.

so if you ever decide to try this again, try read/watch until Ishigami appear. maybe you have a change of mind like me :)
edit: also I think the anime has better pacing than the manga, for your consideration

Fed-Kun's army
@pesimus
i've actually restarted the manga quite a few times, me making the comment was around my 5th try. Every time i try, i can't make it past volume 2, it's just not comedic to me, im not enjoying any of the jokes made, i feel like everything is either flying over my head or maybe it's lost in translation. i can understand that the author is subverting the average rom-com tropes that has become staple in the rom-com genre, but it just doesn't click for me.

Biggest question is how many chapters in does said character come into play, i don't want to just skip into the middle of the volume and have no context of whats happening.

Also my 2 cents on anime, I usually won't watch an anime unless i've read the source material that it's based from. Mainly because of invested interest in what ever series is on. It's a terrible way to approach new series, but it's how i curate the content i watch. Even then i sometimes would just not watch the anime due to disinterest and/or finding the art style not up to par with expectations ("cough" one punch S2 "cough"). So watching the anime of a series that i already have a negative opinion on wouldn't do so well, because im already going into it with a negative mindset.

Those last chapters have been so meh, I laughed like 2 times in 4 chapters and the general atmosphere of this new arc just didn't transmit to me.
If it doesn't get better in the next 3-5 chapters I will prob drop the rating.

God, I missed the light atmosphere. We've been from one heavy arc to the next with no stops.

Ok I needed the belly laugh from "Shut up or I'll kill you." (said deadpan with a cheerful af face)

Group Leader
Anyone else remember the original edgelord masterpiece that was shirogane, kaguya, and fujiwara 1.0? xP
LjkIEHN.jpg

x26.png

Pretty decent job, I really liked this chapter. But I'd rather read the quality version when it's released on JaminisBox. I'd rather support the group that's been working hard on the series all along, than an opportunist/sniping, and it takes less than a minute to find JaminisBox website. I always prefer quality over a slight convenience.

Dex-chan lover
Scanlator probably took it down because people seems to mind the "Yeet" thing they use.. Or maybe other things in the chapter they uploaded.

I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

There it is, Miko-chan is on the run. Knew this would happen at some point but didn't expect it to be so early.

Users who are viewing this thread