Kaguya-sama: Love is War

ARE WE... ARE WE ABOUT TO FINALLY GET SOMEWHERE IN THIS MANGA??? IT'S BEEN SO LONG. I REMEMBER READING THE FREAKING MOVIE THEATER CHAPTERS OVER AND OVER AGAIN

So the current ship-list :
Shirogane x Shinomiya ... the series's main shipping ofc
Shirogane x Fujiwara ... more like son x mother rofl
Shirogane x Hayasaca ... fujiwara's nosebleed incoming
Ishigami x Fujiwara ...
S (ishigami) x M (fujiwara)
Ishigami x Miko ... 2nd best pairing after main ship
Ishigami x Tsubame ... for some reason i see this ship sunked already

Kam

Fed-Kun's army
No new chapter since the 7th on Jaimini's site.
The series on a break, or delayed translation?

Should I read this now? Is this a good manga?
I had been seeing this on JB and here for two months now.
I was just curious because I just saw it that it's gonna have an Anime adaptation.

@Zeros Yes you should read this, it's fantastic. I was skeptical at the premise and wasn't fully sold on the first few chapters but now I'm hooked. It's funny, it's got great dramatic moments, it's got a lot of subtlety in both the jokes and the changing relationships, its got (mostly) great characters. It'd be an easy 10/10 if not for a few nitpicks I have. Regardless it is absolutely worth your time.

Contributor
Good job on the author's part on not dragging this out, seeing as we're entering the final arc now.

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/09/16/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/

I'll be honest, I actually didn't go into this series expecting to really like it, but I must say after I gave it a shot it's a lot better than it initially appears; and quickly too. Very many great "timing"-based jokes, and all the characters are excellent. I'm a little behind on it... I wonder if the stuff about "pure" and "impure" students ever got brought up, or will.

Lex

Ch. 118 - Miyuki Shirogane Wants to Expand

tumblr_inline_mqrh26jIU11qz4rgp.jpg

Aggregator gang
@Swift: I don't know about their actual purity, but it is inferred to in passing for a few them. One couple in particular, as the series goes on, has it where you question if they had sex or not.

Aggregator gang
LOL Maybe so, but after Fujiwara's jab to Kashiwagi, I don't think I'm that far off either XD

@TwilightFaze It's been implied about as heavily as can be that that particular couple are unrepentant fornicators, so you aren't exactly wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the school's caste system with "pure" students being the bourgeois scum that have been in the school system from the beginning and the "impure" students being the proletariat upstarts that entered via pure merit.

Still, Fujiwara's little comment was pure gold. This chapter was fantastic all around, but that comment especially made my day. It just screams typical high school twerp, and it's nice to see how, in spite of their wealth and talent, these kids are still your typical idiot high schoolers.

Users who are viewing this thread