Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 142 - Regarding Kaguya Shinomiya, Part 4

@Jscott Having all those heart shaped balloons released and asking her to go with him to college wasn't confessing? Telling her that he thought they were dating wasn't a confession? Kaguya outright rejected him in this chapter. Told him a kiss means nothing to her, and that he is a spineless man whom she will never date.

Shirogane was talking to her, and she threw it all back in his face. She told him she knew she liked him, he didn't deny it, but when he asked if she like him, she denied it.

I'm pretty sure she is more pissed because she doesn't want him to think she is a slut, which she has been informed making the first kiss with tongue makes it seem like she is. Plus she is also not sure if her family will allow her to go with him to America. I think this is more a reaction of "I finally got what I wanted, but now I don't know what to do about it, and I'm so scared that now I got it, I am going to lose it."

@Psychronia...yeah. I wonder what was going on with Hayasaka there. Obviously she was receiving the same training as Kaguya. I would have expected Kaguya to break down crying before Hayasaka...but maybe Hayasaka is the whipping girl. Maybe she was blamed for her own mistakes and Kaguya's too.

Double-page supporter
She's completely and utterly unlikable in this chapter holy fuck. Shiro deserves better tbh

I found kaguya surprisingly cute during this, with the waving her hand around bit trying to get him to hold it.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 I don't really count that as talking properly. What I mean that, once again, Shirogane was only talking inside of his own head, imagining what Kaguya meant or didn't mean, instead of speaking those thoughts aloud. That's why I said they still can't talk. They can throw single lines to each other hoping it will be understood, but they are unable to really discuss to make things clear.

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1 Technically, she said "she would never date a spineless man", with the implication that she wants him to man up. It's a subtle and stupid difference that he probably won't catch, but it's different from "I won't date you". I wanna say this would be solved if they just said what they felt, but that's never not been the case, now has it?

Y'know, someone on Reddit did an amazing analysis of Kaguya's mental state, and your comments on the matter remind me of it. To condense it a bunch: she's afraid of coming across as a slut(prostitute, as she mentions), she still hates herself and can't actually believe this is happening/terrified of the other shoe dropping, and, above all...
No concrete words were actually exchanged during the night of the culture festival; there were big actions, but she's too insecure to take his side of it at face value and she thinks she messed her side up. The best solution to this is A) putting things into words, and B) if he kissed her back in the same way, it would be reciprocation, totally different (in her mind), and "super hot".

Is she still going about this the wrong way? ...Yeah, totally. The baka is still here. But does it make sense? Also yes. And we better deal with this mess now than later.

Regarding Hayasaka...I think the reason she cracks before Kaguya is because she's not a genius and thus produced worse results?

Double-page supporter
No, this isn't just personas, this is a literal mental break-down and/or MPD/DID, or something Bi-polar-esque. Saying "it's not a dog" while pointing at a dog doesn't change that fact. Describing and depicting something mild and reasonable as a smokescreen for your bullshit unreasonable and harsh contriances is a ridiculous fallacy and attempt to avoid criticism. What an annoying way to drag out this arc.

@Psychronia
Pre-empting it means fuck all when s/he actually does it. S/he did fuck all to shut it down. S/he basically went "it's not thing A, it's thing B" and then proceeds to depict thing A.

Dex-chan lover
@sixfish11 I mean...he's not completely innocent either. Yeah, girls can be hard to read sometimes, but you can't really get any more obvious than Ice Kaguya. He's completely over thinking everything, not that that's any different from normal. 😅

Dex-chan lover
@Kea1928
I can understand.
I could just go to the website to read the manga but then I would weirdly forget what chapter I read and process to re read a lot of chapter.
I think there must be a setting to prevent this, but I still have not known about it yet.

Dex-chan lover
The true chapter about battle of love and brain.
Btw our MC is as beta as a man can be.

Oh lord the comment section on this chapter is a disaster.

To add my own disaster to the mix: Gotta say this felt like a return to form somewhat. Was actually kind of calming. They are still both total morons in some areas. Also gotta love Ice Kaguya going straight down self-destruct lane just because she wants him to initiate cute romantic gestures and can only get him to do it by being a sharp tongued manipulative little shit. Because, you know, that always encourages romance.

Dex-chan lover
So basically:
The girl had a magical upgrade in emotional-intelligence, because the author revealed a particular chapter from her childhood,
While the guy is still his childish-self, and is expected to try to figure out how to get the same upgrade himself, only he gets no shortcuts, and he's most likely going to be berated for it for quite a few chapters to come.

In summary, the girl had a brain-turnover ("only a persona" my ass...), and now expects the guy to magically understand every single nuance she's going to throw his way, all the while completely rejecting and ridiculing him in the process.
Joy. This story is gearing towards death real soon.

Double-page supporter
I love the whole handing waving part XD Might as well of held up a giant neon sign saying 'Hold my hand you f****r!'

Fed-Kun's army
oh snap, the "How cute" trauma Prez kept agonizing over in the earlier chapters seems like it actually happened before

always thought it was just his own delusions amplifying teen angst 😆

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, fuck this Kaguya. This dumb cunt just destroyed all of the progress they've been making for the duration of the entire manga. If this arc doesn't end with Kaguya begging for Shirogane's forgiveness and Ice leaving forever, I'm going to be extremely disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread