Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 17 Ch. 163 - Fujiwara Chika Wants to Scare

I'm glad we're returning to the roots. All the recent developments were nice, but this is what made the manga great in the first place.

Aggregator gang
We all like to bash Iino for her behavior, but I've got to admit, even though I don't like it, Ishigami is the only one that can bring her back to reality and not fall into a trap in a relationship. Just the best boy can change her if they start dating.

I would like to see him even with Maki but Iino really needs him because he will be the only one who can stand her shit and have the guts to show that she has serious problems with her outlook on the world and herself. That woman needs the right dose of reality that only Ishigami can provide.

Dex-chan lover
@Qelix
she had one short relationship which ended badly. And before sex with Ishigami (which didn't happen) she had said that it would be her first time. Nah, she's pure and wants true love. Best wishes for her.
As for Iino, I like her less. I'am not so much into anime and manga and don't know much about characters falling for praise. Honestly, I was surprised when domestic abuse was mentioned again, I was like "listen, indeed". Other commenters say it's no good, I believe in their experience here.
Though I don't know how Ishigami is good pair for Iino. Even if author "prepares" them for each other (mutual helping out during junior high, flower, medallion...). You know, everyone, your best boi is somehow hysteric. He has been, until winter. I don't believe him. Not a man, as for me. Even that shyer-than-girl Prez is manlier.
Anyhoo, I'm here for main duo, I shouldn't care.
tl;dr for 160 chapters we were watching them confess, now we gonna watch them hiding their relationship from everyone except best dad. Hiding like geniuses! It's romcom, mazaf*kas!!!

Dex-chan lover
best prank here is for the readers and its on the first page with bold Chika 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Lino needs a nana to kaoru. Aka S&M stuff, being tied up as the 'abuse' part and then given head Pat's and told she was a good girl during the cooldown. It would let her get her weird shit out in a much healthier way.

I never gave much thought about this until the recent developments, but Iino's joke about being so disconnected from reality and being being used for jokes about abusive relationships are starting to bother me a bit now. Glad (or not) that at least according to the comments I'm not the only one.

Double-page supporter
Yay! Victories are back!

@starburst98 Didn't we have that during the culture festival where she was blindfolded, tied to a chair, and had her screams recorded?

In the end, it's going to be Ishigami x Chika. I've been saying so for years, and the further we go the more it looks like that's where the narrative is going. Tsubame hurt him and they don't really have anything in common besides the sports festival, and Iino is too crazy and also way too different. The more they say shit like "of course, no way would I date him," the more I feel like it's just a distraction tactic.

Dex-chan lover
@VINT64: Okay, you are right. I already totally forgot about that. ^^

@NeroPR: "We all like to bash Iino for her behavior, but I've got to admit, even though I don't like it, Ishigami is the only one that can bring her back to reality and not fall into a trap in a relationship. Just the best boy can change her if they start dating."

Hhmmmmmm.............That is a dangerous statement. I do see your point. I also want to believe in it. But I fear for Ishigami's happiness. I don't know if Iino is salvageable or a lost case, that would like nothing more than dragging him and herself to the bottom of the sea. But their are enough women and men out their, who thought they could save/change their spouses and they couldn't. It's easier to manipulate somebody, who is in control of himself/herself and doesn't have to change, into a form one desires, than reforming somebody, who has real problems. You see the person you fell in love with, but don't see, that this is just a idealized picture in you mind and that you confuse the real person with it. And you tell yourself, "I don't want to give up too early." (and deep down below you know the terrifying truth, that it is you, who does not want to be THAT person, that gave up on her/him.) And you loss years of your live that way. Always assuming you manage to break free.

This is a manga. Iino is a fictional character, that has been written this way to attract males with a certain fetish. The author might come up with a IinoXIshigami happy ending, but even then I can only imaging Ishigami as the slave in their relationship.
Iino is a fictional character, that has been written in way, so people can see the "damsel in distress" in her, that should be helped. Therefore there is enough space for development and a way a story can move from that as starting point with enough strings attached to make an interesting journey. As this is fiction the author might come up with a way how IinoXIshigami work out, but that would go down fairy tale road IMHO. That still can be a very good read (see ShiroganeXKaguya). But it would be still unlikely, that a character like Ishigami would become happy with a character like Miko (if she actually stays an acknowledgment seeker and hardcore behavior corrector). I can even imagine Ishigami under the totalitarian rule of Miko, as a gag, which best boi doesn't deserve.

Double-page supporter
We back boys! Back at the golden age with some added changes here and there

Seriously though as much as I love the drama arcs, this kind of chapter is truly the best.

Dex-chan lover
Why does it feel like everyone into Ishigami has suddenly turned Yandere

Double-page supporter
I have so many things to say about this...

First page scared me, too.

I can’t tell if Iino’s naturally tsundere or what.

Kaguya was SMOOTH.

Users who are viewing this thread