Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 203 - Tsubame Koyasu and Yu Ishigami: Part 1

it's kinda cool how this time Ishigami HAS to be clear and assertive about his feelings for it to work out. not like kaguya and shirogane

Supporter
tenor.gif

Fed-Kun's army
Fight on Ishigami!!!! I really want Ishigami to be with tsubame as he had worked so hard to earn her interest. Pls I am praying to the heavens let her say yes. As long as my boy Ishigami is happy I don't care about anything.

FIGHT YU FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT
BOTTOM OF THE NINTH, BASES LOADED, GO FOR IT! SWING FOR THE FENCES!

Dex-chan lover
@aeonnn That's just how things go down sometimes. She clearly likes him. A lot. But romance is different. Sometimes you feel happy, but don't feel sparks. It sucks but...no, it just sucks in situations like this.

@Nikosgarofola I don't think you get it. Rather, you're too defensive about this. Ishigami's heart is in the right place. He's trying to be sincere and it's genuinely believable that he'll do all that and fully turn his life around if she's by his side to motivate him. But that's not the point. The point is that Tsubame doesn't like him that way and the flow of things is going to push her to say yes to something she doesn't sincerely agree to. It's kids getting into a relationship one of them isn't actually ready for and they're gonna dig the hole deeper.

It's a one-sided romance that Tsubame will be playing along with, which is a recipe for disaster whether they break up or stay together. And really, the worst thing that could happen if they start dating would probably be Tsubame one day meeting someone she actually does fall in love with.

Dex-chan lover
@novacas

the thing is, all that you said, can also be very true for both Ishi x Tsuba AND Ishi x Iino.

the difference from my PoV is that Tsuba have maybe ++ point towards Ishi in affection (if +++ or more change it into love) and Ishi have maybe either +- (neutral) or - affection for Iino if we use dating sims terminology or concept...

Group Leader
GAAAAAHHHHH IDK WHat’s gonna happen!! I’m team iino because I like their chemistry but senpai did so much for ishigami already i kinda want them to be togethrr

Oh fuck, the page of her saying she cant see him as more than a nice underclassman really hit me.

Aggregator gang
Man trying to convince someone to like you that way......just don’t like it

Lol all these comments are arguing Ishigami’s attitude
Lemme get it straight, it doesn’t matter if he’s sincere, or he’s too aggressive or anything else. Attitude is not the main reason. What makes relationship last long is sexual affinity, after that loyalty toward the partner. If she rejects him, or in relationship then break up , it just mean he’s not her type.

Double-page supporter
I've always thought that I'd be fine with his confession going either way, and I still do now. It's not like Ishigami would have gained nothing from all that. He'd have gained a lot in his pursuit of Tsubame (good grades, working out, the rumors about him are negated), but this chapter was super damning in favor of getting rejected. Even if she starts seeing him as a man now, it's definitely too late for that. She's graduating and going off to university and has been burned once by someone she was in close proximity to. I can only imagine she'd be pretty poorly fit for a LDR right now, especially since Ishigami's actually kind of popular.

Users who are viewing this thread