Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 21 Ch. 203 - Tsubame Koyasu and Yu Ishigami: Part 1

Dex-chan lover
I don't get how so many people think this is an act of desperation. Osaragi made it pretty clear he isn't doing this at random, and he realized something about her too. He isn't the type of take advantage of someone, especially the girl he told he wasn't going to have sex with if she didn't love him back the same way.

My opinion, if you're gonna turn him down, don't f****** give hopes.
Just straight say no the first time.

Even tho she does this for him, I still can't help but despise her.

Ishigami deserves some love, not false hopes.

bro if you gonna turn him down do it now, ishichad doesnt deserve to be lead around

What is it I read in a manga on this website? "Rejection is the first step in a great relationship."

Rejection is sometimes used as a tool to see just how determined the boy will be.

Will he be devastated and walk away?
Will he hold out hope and try again?
... and again?

@oedon Yes! Ishi-chad all the way! Our boy is growing up. Our boy sees Tsubame-senpai as worth fighting for.

Flightless butterflies emerge from cocoons torn-open by bleeding heart onlookers. Without the fight, there is no flight. Ishigami has finally, FINALLY come to realize it.

Sit back and watch the show. Oh and hey, pass the popcorn. Dis gun' be fun.

Group Leader
I mean, that was a great attempt and all, but this relationship isn't gonna work.

Fed-Kun's army
Ishigami deserves this and Tsubame needs to stop being scared due to her first relationship cause Ishigami is a better dude

Dex-chan lover
Ishigami really be like:

o4cOGHB.png

Dex-chan lover
@Hikari_Owari
I would say "I'm Sorry" is a pretty solid rejection for there to be 0 hopes. It's not as firm as a "No," but I find that to be a difference in connotation.
If anything, Ishigami is rejecting the rejection, although as the chapter explains, it's his "last stand." Hence why he decides to explain all that he would be willing to do, rather than leaving it at a simple "I love you. Please go out with me." He wants his future to be with Tsubame, and so he goes all out.

I expect her to reveal her exact emotions whenever she's around Ishigami, as an equal reply to his emotional "second" confession.

Basically. I expect her to reject Ishigami more firmly than she already has, because I feel accepting his confession at this point would be "false hopes," since she's already revealed in this chapter that she can only see Ishigami as a "good underclassman."

At the very least, this may help Tsubame move on and find comfort in a relationship. An equivalent exchange of helping each other out with their past traumas.
But there needs to be a line drawn and maintained with rejection.

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
yea if he legit makes a confession succeed by rick rolling the situation that'll be a thing to remember

Dex-chan lover
Honestly this feels a bit author forced. Even when we saw it from her perspective I was thinking “oh she likes him back and has for a while” until the random “as an underclassmen”. Pretty much all her thoughts and reactions is how I would see romantic love or feelings (not platonic). You generally don’t blush around someone you have no romantic feelings; normally you don’t even entertain the idea of going out with them (well from my experience + other media). It feels like the author just setting up for us to get the other ship (which is something I don’t like about multiple love interests (when its not a harem); The author usually knows who they want their characters to end up with from the start and that’s fairly obvious (mainly because its usually the most cliche/safe option), but then (to me at least) the other girl(s) or guy(s) or whatever just seems like such a BETTER pairing and I always end up wanting the girl doomed to lose to get with X or Y character. Its just depressing).

I will say (just put this out there) that a relationship built like this (with one person initially turning it down and the other being really pushy/assertive so the person changes their mind and yields) is almost certainly doomed to fail just inherently. Its really sad that things didn’t work out, but just long term it’s healthier to let it go and try to move on (though it’ll hurt short term). I mean just the promises he’s making here. I honestly have no doubt that this (the true mc) will be able to achieve them. The problem is the reason of why he went to this length boils down to “I wanted this girl to accept my confession after she said no” and that has to keep them together for the rest of their lives (which they hopefully have at least half a century left), and I just don’t think it will when one party already said “I don’t love you romantically”. She didn’t come to this author forceddecision quickly and supposedly felt this way for a while now (though you don’t generally blush like she did or send that much time thinking about someone when its just platonic or feel that nervous a date for that matter or enjoy spending time with them that much) so there’s very little indication that all this will go away if she says yes now because he was assertive (though they could easily be a great couple if the author let them; they have amazing chemistry and compliment each other greatly. The great relationship they already have and there different personalities make it look like they’d benefit and enjoying being together a lot).

Wow, I can't believe so much hate for Tsubame. Tsubame literally didn't do anything wrong. What she's doing was "tried to reject but also not to hurt her friend".

Did you know? Many cases happen where a friend finally hate each other or at least not at speaking terms after one of them do some "sudden confession" ?

Actually, their relationship almost the same. Ishigami unintentional confession lead to this disaster. At that very moment (before misunderstood confession), they are a good friend. But suddenly got confession by your friend, can you imagine how you feels at that moment? Again, yes its unintentional, but its not like author dragging it too long with Ishigami straight knew about it and "GO" for it (to chase Tsubame).

Now, she tried to reject him by not hurting him. Thats the "basic" rejection if you want to "not hurt" your friend. And it depend on the person, if he really love her, he will notice Tsubame feeling, and tried to pursued her. If not, its end there. Even if she didn't use any "hope" word like this, Ishigami still chasing her. "Literally" Glasses Girl talk about it "IF Ishigami truly love Tsubame senpai, he will notice Tsubame feeling and not give up!!!" . Alternated route if Ishigami gave up, well, he's hurt and they will not friend anymore (or at least is there any arc to continued their relationship).

If I would like to choose, I like Tsubame more than Ino. Not only we got more development and progress between these two, we also got some of their perspective. And so far Tsubame isn't a generic Heroine. Meanwhile Ino, sorry to say this, she's just a generic heroine.

Users who are viewing this thread