Kaifukushoku no Akuyaku Reijou - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Prayer For A Job Change

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!

Here's hoping the author doesn't turn out to be the same guy behind g~ slayer all of a sudden.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter!

I really like this so far. Yes, she's played the game before, but she's not some no-lifer who immediately gets an OP item and hidden class. Her goal is to be strong, yes, but she properly starts at the beginning with a basic class and items. This way we get to see her actual growth as a character, which isn't as common as it should be...

Dex-chan lover
So in the end, what was the point of her being a dark mage? Was it just a reason for the dumbass prince to break it off?
Or will she actually use it together with healing :pepehmm:

Dex-chan lover
Goddess rly said damn you entertained me good luck have fun out there

Dex-chan lover
Was there an explanation for why she wants to be a healer? I'd be annoyed if this character pivot is because of what the prince said...

I just started reading this, and posed this question for the previous chapter , but I fear folks are no longer paying attention to that thread at this point.

Fed-Kun's army
Was there an explanation for why she wants to be a healer? I'd be annoyed if this character pivot is because of what the prince said...

I just started reading this, and posed this question for the previous chapter , but I fear folks are no longer paying attention to that thread at this point.
The fantasy world is shared by two games (so far?). In the virtual mass multiplayer rpg, she played a "support" character, implying a healer.

Either the otome game is a spin-off of the mmo or they are both adaptations of a light novel. I feel a bit vague on the details.
Edit: The otome game is a spin-off of the mmo (Chapter 1 page 9).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lamentation treasure? This Lamentation?
FBI9U3GIUKEVABP.jpg

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translation! looking forward to seeing how her adventures unfold

Dex-chan lover
So far so not great, very average and tropey. Also still seen no reason fmc chose to be a healer? Also we need to see prince get his just desserts already, delaying that just makes it feel like slap on the wrist at best for breaking a political marriage with a duke.

Fed-Kun's army
The fantasy world is shared by two games (so far?). In the virtual mass multiplayer rpg, she played a "support" character, implying a healer.

Either the otome game is a spin-off of the mmo or they are both adaptations of a light novel. I feel a bit vague on the details.
From what I've read from the manga(untranslated), the main points are:

1) The MMORPG and the Otome Game share the same universe, by way of the Otome Game being an dev-approved spin-off of the primary game(For example, kind of like how "Phantasy Star Nova" was to base "Phantasy Star Online 2": Both games are linked to the main "Oracle Fleet" of PSO2, except that the characters in Nova are part of an expedition unit that's away from the fleet, and the main game's story happens back home with the main fleet), with the key difference being that the "Job Change" gimmick of the main game doesn't exist in the Otome Game, because, well, it's a re-playable Otome game, and the roles are fixed for the sake of the spin-off game's narrative.

The reason FMC knows that she can change jobs like in the main game is due to her finding the "Cat Robe" equipment, which is not part of the equipment catalog in the Otome game, and only exists in the main game(again: re-playable Otome game, which means limited content due to constrains with file size). This means that the job change gimmick ALSO exists here, it's just that no one in that world knows how to perform it, and pretty much everyone just automatically assumes that one is stuck with the class that they're born with.

2) While the FMC DOES indeed primarily mains a support class in the main game in her previous life, she wants to play as a healer so that she can one day shove it in the idiot prince's face for his rude remarks(because, while yes, despite having left the party with the moral high ground, she's still kinda pissed at the prince for breaking her heart, and trampling all over her efforts to become a worthy consort/queen).

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Dex-chan lover
Usually the villainess is a powerful dark mage of some sort, so I wonder if her having presumably been that before her class change will be relevant at some point. I feel like it'd be kind of strange if it wasn't, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread