Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 50 - The Cat's Family - Part 7

Fed-Kun's army
Note that though we may be apart,
if I am to hear that you pine for me
as the Inaba mountain pines,
I shall return to you.
– as localized in Chihayafuru bilingual edition.
Though I may leave
for Mt. Inaba,
famous for the pines
covering its peak,
if I hear you pine for me
I'll come straight home to you
–tr. McMillan, Peter (2010).
IF breezes on Inaba's peak
Sigh through the old pine tree,
To whisper in my lonely ears
That thou dost pine for me,—
Swiftly I'll fly to thee.
–tr. Porter, William N. [1909]
various other translations of Poem 16

Dex-chan lover
Holyshit you picked it up, and also brought back the egg meme... You're a God damn legend!
Thanks a lot mate, cheers!

Dex-chan lover
Y'know with how the scanlations stopped about a year ago from the last upload, I was thinking reading this series because I saw Ogawa being posted was a mistake.
God bless you Schlumpf, you glorious based bastard you.

Dex-chan lover
Blessed @schlumpf! I was looking at this manga just yesterday, wondering if it would ever be updated again. You did the same, but you didn't just wonder, you picked it up! Made my whole goddam day, what it did.
Cheers :aquadrink:

Tbh, I hadn't even checked thoroughly if it was getting an offical TL since a quick google search didn't bring up immediate results I didn't spent more time in checking this. Apparently vol 1 and 2 are scheduled for end of May and mid July respectively. If they keep this pace, the 6th volume won't be released until March next year...
:haa:

So I guess continuing the fan TL is fine, given that the next chapter is the last of vol5 and vol6 and 7 are already released in Japan. Vol 8 is scheduled to be released in about a month (11th June)...

That said, I try my best at keeping the TLing up but since I'm all alone for this project and I still have another series I regularily TL (not to speak of a real life, lol) I can't promise how frequent the releases will be. But I think even with me just doing 2 chapters a month we will be waaaay ahead of the offical release.
And to the question why do people stop translating: probably because of real life hitting hard. It takes a looot of time to TL and clean/redraw and typeset, so if someone drops a manga without any prior notice it's probably due to time issues
:fml:

Also: THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVELY COMMENTS! I LOVE Y'ALL :hearts:
Ngl dude legal translation is the bane of anything.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks! I was hoping the anime would motivate someone to pick it up. Hope you can keep going!

Fed-Kun's army
Then why do people stop translating?
Main reason I've seen scanlators use is "we just wanted to bring attention to the series so that it gets an official translation that everyone can buy".

Issue with that is, official releases can come out at a glacial pace that, depending on how far the scanlation got, could take years to catch up with what was already translated.

Additionally, official translations tend to come from a select few companies, several of which have a bad track record of "localizing" manga by censoring content they find "problematic" and editing/manipulating characters/dialogue/jokes/etc. to insert their own humor/political ideology/etc. Same issue often happens with JP games getting an international release.

Lastly, sometimes international manga releases are only for the visually censored (e.g. black bars) version, while JP raws that scanlators were using remains the only uncensored release available.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for picking it up, it's been ditched so long ago. and an interesting story as well.

Main reason I've seen scanlators use is "we just wanted to bring attention to the series so that it gets an official translation that everyone can buy".

Issue with that is, official releases can come out at a glacial pace that, depending on how far the scanlation got, could take years to catch up with what was already translated.

Additionally, official translations tend to come from a select few companies, several of which have a bad track record of "localizing" manga by censoring content they find "problematic" and editing/manipulating characters/dialogue/jokes/etc. to insert their own humor/political ideology/etc. Same issue often happens with JP games getting an international release.

Lastly, sometimes international manga releases are only for the visually censored (e.g. black bars) version, while JP raws that scanlators were using remains the only uncensored release available.
Another thing that does tick me off is when a series was having a proper translation then it becomes official and after sometime the official drops the series a d nobody touches it again

Dex-chan lover
MECHA CAT NYAN NYAN ASSEMBLE 🐱🐱🐱
Thanks for the translation!!!

Users who are viewing this thread