Kaiju No. 8

what the hell with the chapters missing this is starting to piss me off, there do this with one punch man as well i don't want to go to a different magna site. they better fix this

Is mediocre. The art is the only notable thing about it, but the plot and setting are generic as fuck. Kafka is probably one of the worst battle shounen protagonist he's basically a wish fulfilment self insert for middle-aged men with dead end job
>he knows about kaiju biology!
The organization that fights kaiju daily doesn't have a research department and doesn't teach the recuit and how to handle them? Are you kidding me?
The girls are stereotype hard to approach and tsundere template
The only two good characters are hoshina because he's just your average chad and ichikawa but they made ichikawa jobbed right after figuring out enemy weakness so kafka can shine the rest of the cast is just inoffensive and boring. The kaiju designs are fine but boring

what makes me angry is that when this shit got an anime, it's probably going to be praised as "shounen done right" when it's fucking not

Kafka is probably one of the worst battle shounen protagonist
@ucchi A long-winded way of saying you haven't seen much battle shounen, but cool.

he's basically a wish fulfilment self insert for middle-aged men with dead end job
Compared to the usual 15 or 16 year old personality-free protagonists that make girls wetter than the mariana trench just by existing (one of those linked below), this is extremelt tame wish fulfillment.

The organization that fights kaiju daily doesn't have a research department and doesn't teach the recuit and how to handle them? Are you kidding me?
To play the devil's advocate here, Kafka spent most of his time quite literallt in monsters, and in an emergency, you don't have time to waste while waiting for the operator to connect you to R&D.

what makes me angry is that when this shit got an anime, it's probably going to be praised as "shounen done right" when it's fucking not
That's a lot of words spent on being mad at a generic battle shounen when it's just that, generic. But even generic is better than a lot of the battle shounens out there, including ones that got an anime.

This is comparatively the most innoffensive one, especially with crap like The Reincarnation Magician of the Inferior Eyes (https://mangadex.org/title/36284/the-reincarnation-magician-of-the-inferior-eyes) out there, pissing in the battle shounen pool

Dex-chan lover
Every important kaiju being humanoid is lame. Like, I was cool with it for 8&9 but they’re doing it for 10 too? The whole point is they’re kaiju

became shit surprisingly quickly, starts off good and innovative but turns into generic shounen after a few chapters.
It just becomes the average bad guys vs good guys, the whole kaiju concept dissapears and now they fight humanoid shit all the time, boooring

Was decent at first but has got stuck in a never ending boring ass drip fed battle that has long overstayed it's welcome

All characters in this series are insanely stellar. Literally everyone are are fully well described and no one are just there for doing something. This rivals and surpasses Avater 1 and 2 in characterization.

Dex-chan lover
while its still a decent manga my initial love of this manga petered out after they ruined the relation between MC and his powers.
initially the MC was forcefully changed and that change is permanent he is from then on a monster with a human mind his body is simply pretending to be human and if he doesnt pay attention he goes back to his monster form. he is a monster now and just needs to deal with that
and then author decided "sod this, his powers are now shitty hollowfication" and i was greatly disappointed.

once again its still a good story but before they did that i was super exited for every release and impatient for the next one then they did that and now i respond to new chapters with 'neat'

Dex-chan lover
I was hyped because of the anime... But this is just your average shonen. Things "just happen". There's no twists, there's no deep characters, there's no explanations for anything that happens... It's just a very linear shonen. I'm genuinely disappointed

Group Leader
Good start. Though it is reducing itself down to an utter generic garbage chapter by chapter. 2/10.

Users who are viewing this thread