Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life

Fed-Kun's army
So they're the kind of demons that are just humans with magic?

Fed-Kun's army
This series is bad but in a strange way. The art is incredibly solid, but doesn't suit the comedy style of this manga. The story seems to take itself somewhat seriously, but the comedic elements seem to get in the way of that too. The artist has very little flexibility in his ability to draw, he draws well, but he can't draw comedic scenes for shit. I can only reference Fullmetal Alchemist as a series that understands how to draw a comedic scene, a standard scene, and an action scene, and you don't draw them all the same.

In contrast, the writing of the characters is awful universally. Some characters seem to be knuckle dragging retarded levels of stupid, yet they're no treated like absolute idiots, they're treated like regular people by other people. The B Rank adventure is the most prominent example of this. He isn't prideful, he's retarded. Other characters seem to be retarded based on the setting. Apparently, this village is approximately three days walking from a Demon owned military foretress, and a stonethrow from the mine, yet they've lived this way for a while? This would be analogous to just casually living in No Man's Land during WWI. If there's no fighting going on, then why are all the demons acting as if constant war has been going on?

And before anyone tries to hand wave this with "Dude ease up, it's comedy, lmao" that doesn't excuse it from being stupid. Konosuba is a comedy with a similar setting and it doesn't suffer from any of these issues at all. I really hope this artist finds a different author to work with because the current one is really holding him back.

@Chrona Have to agree with you with regards to the art style that doesn't compliment with comedy scene or vice versa. The character writing or building as well, it is lacking something.
Tho the demons acting like they're in constant war with humans, maybe that village isn't the only front line as to where fights are going on.

I hope this doesn't turn into a harem. Marika is too precious for her to be cucked by a trash cliche plotline.

You killed my friends I worked with in the mine, but I'm going to let you go since I'm such a nice guy!

This manga has its ups and downs, but more ups than downs and remains enjoyable.

SO many things I absolutely hate so I'll drop this, that random "love confession" I only saw signs of physical attraction and one-sided cliche' ecchi comedy flirting, I hate that he is with the first woman he met while sad and lost in the woods you like her just because she was "nice" and she likes him because he's her savior ugh where is the emotional connection? I forget sometimes seinen loves to focus less on love my mistake for expecting so much

Ah, the story is so boring...

Overdone, nothing different from many others of the same same concept and no peculiarities to differentiate it from other Mangas.

6/10 and would only recommend if you're addicted to the type of novels like you read in the description.

Lemme get this straight. His dad was a powerful knight for the demon army and then the mc retired as npc villager ? WTF lol come on

@jackmiaw
he's not a son of the former former heavenly king old man of demon army. He was taken in and is adopted. His true origin hasnt been revealed
He's not really retired per se but more like fired and ended up working as an npc for humans tho i doubt he will be "npc" for very long with his skill set

Users who are viewing this thread