Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life

Man.. the father should have just been a good father to his son and not shifted all the burdens to another kid.

i like this manga, the concept is good and i like the characters and the conflict but i feel like marika is just here because of boobs and being the generic waifu.

what would be a good reduction of the title of this series in english? like how watamote and bakarina are good quick names for their series with otherwise ridiculous long titles, this one could use one too or at least an english version of the existing title

I've been calling it "The Demon General Has Been Fired" or similar but I don't know if that's necessarily the best for it.

@grimthoughts it's pretty fun yeah. marika is a pretty hilarious "damsel" because she's probably the strongest character in the entire series besides the MC but nobody bats an eye at her casually chopping wood by punching a tree into pulp

@Captaininvictus
It's 暗黒兵士 – Ankoku Heishi – Dark Solder.

Also, I would suggest another interesting variant – The Black Demobee https://youtu.be/TZCZ9DWCwuI?t=3705

Tl:dr fuck you author

First of all let me say that this manga ain't trash, writer is actually put quite an effort to the story.

Human use martial art with tools, demon use magic. The moment mc had access to human weapons the results of his training immediately appear.
He used 'guard' against huge cobra without shield, then it is mentioned that he was using bracers in side story

Village chief explained that 'sting' can hit target across village, that means human could snipe enemies, so how did demons survive?, they must be equally powerful = strong demon can cast magic nukes. But the bomb experiment deny this. I'll assume the projectile won't have enough power to kill at long range (humans have to be nerfed, with exception to MC ofc)

Next, melee fighters have to have a way to close range hence movement abilities he use made sense, demons should be able to use say wind magic to offset this which is not strange.

Mc as wise advisor is well known in demon world even to the king, prideful military officer that wants glory is the cause of him getting fired.

He is kind, far too kind for a war strategist. he doesn't hate human, how? because deep down he wants peace. He planned all that war stratagem purely because of work.

Which is impossible, author knew this as shown in latest chapter (9). But nevertheless, he made it that way

"cmon guys can we settle with this" I can hear him answering my questions as i read the manga. "this is comedy manga yknow, please?" he continued

He explained how mc superpower make sense.

"where is the strong humans then?" I asked

"there's this strong female but she's afraid of monsters, unfortunately.... But they are there somewhere!, see that heavenly wind God loses to human army?. It's there!"

"then why are demon knights in the mine that weak? They are soldiers, they fight with strong humans thus should be able to do better, more resourceful than casting spell slowly while standing still like peasants"

"those ones are fighting on front lines, there's only little devils in the mines so the army sent rookies"

"you're bullshitting me"

"listen, my light hearted manga send message of peace to people, look at my MC he wants to save everyone and that is how things will unfold . You readers all wants bloodshed shame on you."

His spit touchesmy face, dormant emotion within me exploded

"ARE YOU FOR REAL, IF HE WANTS PEACE THERE'S COUNTLESS MORE EFFECTIVE WAY TO DO IT, HE HAS THE POWER TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE" I shouted
"THOSE MIRTHIL WOULD BE MADE WEAPON TO FUEL YET ANOTHER LIFE-TAKING BATTLE"

"MIRTHIL AIN'T ONLY USED TO BUILD WEAPON" he shouted back "THE POINT IS, MIRTHIL IS A USEFUL METAL, READ BETWEEN THE LINES YOU CUNT" ( D: )

"stop talking" I facepalming hard "this is so stupid"

"it won't be a manga for everyone dear reader. The publisher I worked on has age target, I... need to eat"

"....fine, sorry dude. it's just... " I gulped, trying to say the sentence I always try to avoid "it's just a story"

I turned my back and leave him, gritting my teeth. "fuck you author" my voice comes out softly, without anyone around to hear

I enjoy this manga, and tolerate the ecchi content for the sake of the comedy and writing. The introduction of a lovable pervert character threatens to take things into sexual assault territory. Would anyone familiar with the original work tell me if that is the case?

Dex-chan lover
The parody aspect of this manga is amusing, but the MC is astonishingly boring.
Some people even take this story seriously just because of how unfunny he is.

This is good. But i feel like it hit the last nail into the coffin when he left the demon army. Its just too freaking cliche like every manga nowdays. Its just boring reading the same shit over and over again. I fucking hate manga about how good always wins. People need to get their head out of their ass and start writting good shit... Why cant we get something different like the hero fight the evil and then he realizes that he fought for complete different cause and then joins the enemy team

Almost every single aspect of this manga is a cliché. An overpowered MC, a girl that's in love with the MC and has no personality other than super strength and having boobs, some 'conflict' between humans and demons that has no compelling reason or logic to it, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread