Kainushi Juujin to Petto Joshikousei - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - Form of Her Remaining Memories

Dex-chan lover
@InsaneInsomniac
Well, while I can agree with you about vocal communication being most likely impossible, she still has a plenty of ways to at least try and establish herself as sapient being capable of abstract thought and teaching herself.

Using math for example.

Dex-chan lover
Talent is a lie, or even an excuse to not even try from the start. Practice your ass off. That's how you get better at drawing.

@MangaRockRefugee @InsaneInsomniac Yeah I agree with mangarockrefugee, while the dialects and etc must be hard to learn, languages only takes years to master not to learn, I mean even I can learn some basic words and phrases from most languages in just a few hours. I mean, unless the animal children are born knowing the language, there has to be at least basic children's picture books that teach simple words and phrases

Dex-chan lover
People who argue about the language barrier are sidestepping the entire point of the series. It's funny because I feel like I wrote this same post the other day in another isekai series with a somewhat similar communication deficit. The point of the story is the trials and tribulation of a dog and his pet trying to understand each other on a level one might for their pet/owner. You don't strike up conversations with your pet. they don't learn your language. You learn each others body language and communicate as best you can. Whether this one dives into that part at all, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if they skip it altogether.

It's easier to ague the contrary in the other series I was talking about, but for this one it has an added angle in that they're not even reasonably close to the same in form. For all you we know, they're physically incapable of communicating through the difference in how each of the produces sounds.

Thanks for the quick update! Certainly looking forward to the next chappie. Love lots! 😍😘

Users who are viewing this thread