Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Thank you so SO FREAKING MUCH FOR YOUR EFFORTS M8. I LITERALLY WAITED SO MUCH FOR IT <33333

isn't casting usually like, the lowest grade of crafting a blade that way

like, you may as well be crafting an iron rod tier

@Toodmr Yes, but he was specifically making a low-grade weapon. And event hen he did fix it up a little bit. And it's still a more realistic way to make a weapon than what movies and TV shows usually do, which is an open cast.

Thanks to whomever's doing chapters again, I really look forward to this manga.

Dex-chan lover
The cat drawn on the sword pommel, was specially engrave so that the user of the sword will be having a cat fight to anyone who dares to disturb their sleeps.
Its basically the cat curse...

@TOODMR
Aside from what Stos said, there is another point in why he makes them in a low-grade way.
And that is the fact that anything he makes "properly" is way, way, WAY too OP.
So he makes his general model with casting, and his higher-end model also with casting, but with a lot more work done to it afterwards. And then his custom models are made properly with folding and hammering and all that. And yes, there's still some parts of fiction to his superhuman ability as a blacksmith. But who would think there weren't fantasy stuff in an isekai manga.

@TOODMR that's my understanding, though my metalworking knowledge is to do with car bits not swords, but same deal seeing as these types of swords are more a blunt weapon that happens to be sharpened than an actual cutting weapon, they gonna break when they hit something really hard like a rock when someone dodges. But if that's the norm for this world then he'd be ok I guess?

Edit: Damn, ninja'd by multiple people Getting distracted and coming back to this without refreshing first was a mistake, lol

Dex-chan lover
What the hell is this "special treatment from WD" he's talking about? Western Digital?

Dex-chan lover
@smashman42 : umm, European swords are not blunt weapons that happen to be sharpened. Pop culture is filled with so many inaccuracies and lies about swords and armor it is not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread