Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

I'm cursed!
When I saw the dwarf I got reminded of this "142154"
For I who have yet sinned!

Group Leader
@Owyn

Watchcat: This term refers to the person who initially bought our favourite blacksmith to this world. Basically, it's a spin on the word "Watchdog".

Dex-chan lover
@Grikath
@welcome2atlantis

They can probably use some fire or water magic to dry the logs quickly.
Because yeah, using raw/green wood for buildings is a bit tricky...

It's going to mess the constructions measurements real quick, that said it's not impossible to build a cabin out of green wood.
And its a lot easier to do the initial work and get the framework up, as green wood is softer to work with...
But it's going to take a lot of adjustments later to fill in the holes etc after the logs shrink down after a year or two.
And If you don´t you risk the whole house coming down on you...

Dex-chan lover
The effect of that nipple slip from the 1st chapter is starting to wear off. Nothing interesting is happening and there is no ecchi either to keep me going. I'll put it on hold.

Lol, they're still using that axe? And the mc make another super sharp knife? Imagine when you're using super sharp knife cutting vegetables, accidentally it can cut off your finger not just cut the skin.
Are the chromosome of human and beastman and dwarf same? If not you don't have to worry making baby, if yes what kind of hybrid will be born?

TTX

@setsu
this would be mean
the story starts with a cat and MC is a cat lover, but can't have children with his tiger wife

Dex-chan lover
They're really not going to dig into how he's purifying ore, and "hitting the iron just right" sounds real weak for what it accomplishes. The only that can achieve is a perfectly homogeneous alloy, which is not so amazing that it turns monomolecular or anything.

He'd have to be making carbon nanotubes or actual monomolecular blades with JUST hammering to make anything fantastical happen.

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a big deal that they took his name. Maybe he’ll actually make a move in a hundred chapters or so.

Good of the author to actually acknowledge that "sharp edge that can cut through everything like tofu" is not realistic and heavily dependent on his cheat.

Aggregator gang
@Oukishi I'm just happy they haven't gone "hur der tamahagane, folding steel now and make katana best sword in world, cut soldier in steel plate armor in half in half" type shit yet

@cryum monomolecular blades are fantasy anyway. In real life you can make single molecule or even atom edges but they aren't worth crap because by the time you get down to a single molecule edge the bond holding it to the blade is to weak. When you try to cut with it the single molecule edge either gets pushed aside, breaks off or even bonds with the material you are trying to cut leaving you with a edge that is still a few molecules thick before it's solid enough to cut. Even with modern science the sharpest you will get is an Obsidian blade and they aren't very good because while they are the sharpest blades in the world the edge is weak because it's so thin and fragments (that's why they aren't supposed to be used on people despite how nice they would be for scalpels). Making a weapon out of it would be practically pointless because after the first time you hit something with it the edge would be left not much sharper than a nice steel blade and the blade overall would be more brittle.

Depleted Uranium is actually really good when it comes to cutting. You can make it really sharp but the best point is that it doesn't dull when it cuts. When you cut and material sheers off it actually sharpens itself. That's why we use it in armor penetrators. As the penetrator tears into the armor the outside sheers off wearing the round down but keeping it sharp so it still cuts and doesn't lose as much kinetic energy. Not sure if that would work on a sword tho since it's heavy as fuck and no human could swing it hard enough. lol

"For Now, at least.". Usually its the girl saying this, but the fact that its MC saying it might actually hold more promise, I look forward to them shagging

Dex-chan lover
@poopypants I can think of a couple of ways to make a DU edge that would be feasible.

Very much not going to even try though. The stuff may not be fissionable, it's still very much radioactive in a nasty way ( as are the decay products..) if you don't cover it up. Which pretty much defeats the purpose of having it as the edge on a bladed weapon...

Users who are viewing this thread