Kakao Entertainment's newest piracy proposal (Tachiyomi died)

Dex-chan lover
So, a couple things...

340 million won currently would be worth about US$260,000 (and about 4.4 million Mexican Pesos), which is not anywhere close to $35 million.

There is no 'Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)' within the Department of Homeland Security. There is the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, but this doesn't really seem like it would fall under their general scope of interest - I would guess the more likely investigatory agency would be the FBI, specifically the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch.

Contributor
340 million won currently would be worth about US$260,000 (and about 4.4 million Mexican Pesos), which is not anywhere close to $35 million.
Maybe they wanted to say 34 billion...

Also, I can't find the korean source of the number they wrote...

Dex-chan lover
Contributor
Maybe it is related to:https://github.com/tachiyomiorg/tachiyomi-extensions/commit/51f35d8d755b798b7430e3ca42185861ce842ef6
The tachiyomi extensions removed mangadex support due to mentioned copyright
Such a shame that github doesn't have commit history so there is no way to go back before it was removed. Also there is no way that someone would do something horrendous like upload the removed extensions and source somewhere else. Won't someone think of the large corporations... /s

Double-page supporter
What's fun imo is that they find that agregators makes a lot of money from ads only with free readings of their content...and don't even think of doing the same... 🤦‍♂️

Some reasonable companies DO understand how it works. Like Shueisha with their Manga+. They started back in 2019 with mere ~30 titles. Now their catalog contains 230+ titles.

Or (partially) Manga UP. Not so long ago their app was barely usable with countless limitations. But in last(?) major update they removed many limitations and it's much more tolerable now.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Out of curiosity, can someone tell me approximately how many man-hours it takes to make a mid-tier translation for an experienced group? Assume some trash-tier shounen so there's not tons of hours spent debating the merits of one interpretation over another.

Just want to crunch some numbers against the monetary damages claims above.

Fed-Kun's army
We specifically do neither of those things.
This is what I found so strange about their behavior, like bruh the DMCA request link is right there. It lets you remove actual content, not some links to an API in a github repo. But picking on the open source fan project probably makes them feel real big and strong, so :cautious:

Contributor
Out of curiosity, can someone tell me approximately how many man-hours it takes to make a mid-tier translation for an experienced group?
RP: few seconds
TL: 1h to 1h30 for a ~30pages chapter
PR: 30min to 1h for a ~30pages chapter
RD: Takes the most time ~4h
TS: ~1h30min (edited)
QC: the time you make to read a ~30pages chapter + ~5min

Last edited:
Custom title
Staff
Developer
TS: ~30min
What are other groups doing that redraws without the sfx take 4 entire hours and typesetting takes a mere 30 minutes, less time than translation wtf

At this rate I could be pumping out chapters daily

Group Leader
TS: ~1h30min (edited)
I wish solo yolo can be like this. It takes years to have a mood to RD. :lul:

Dex-chan lover
I hope this question is ok here (if not mods feel free to delete): are there any other reading apps like Tachiyomi on Android that support Bato and Mangadex? 2 most used extensions in my library and they got removed. It's not the end of the world and MD is very accessible on mobile as well, it's just reading app like Tachiyomi is super convenient in keeping all my reading in one place. Or should I just stick with Firefox mobile + uBlock origin for my illegal readings again?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread