Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - There's a godly artist in my house!

Group Leader
Well this chapter kicked my a**! I'm expecting a few inaccuracies here and there, but overall, I spent a lot of time on it! Hope you guys like it!

I love how straightforward Misumi was, and how Aizawa's inner sidekick once again pushed her to do the honest thing instead of trying to run away and save face! lol

thank you for translating! but my gosh the self-awareness she has of how she dating a minor is hilarious

Okay, I'll be straight: This premise where a working adult gets into a romantic relationship with a high school girl, a minor, is NOT okay especially by the standards of society (even the story itself acknowledges that). But I'll be damned if this isn't the most wholesome thing.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this series and this sweet couple in spite of my misgivings. Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Their relationship is developing quite nicely I see... (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ

Dex-chan lover
@enigmator Well, i agree but not because it's the standards of society: it's a fiction so nobody (real) will get hurt by this precise relationship, also, the author can create the best environments, personnalities and characters to create an acceptable "good and healthy" relationship (it's still too early to conclude to that tho) between a high schooler and a "not that old" adult. In real life the chance of a such relationship being "healthy" are so low, you just can't take the risk at all because someone will most-likely get hurt

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

Hopefully now that they have basically confessed to each other, they will meet up more regularly so we can see more cute interactions. Well once Aizawa gets out of court first.

Dex-chan lover
Two fuyoshi scared of saying i LOVE YOU to the same gender, ha, well at last this part was resolved, now they had to go nsfw as their doujins

Dex-chan lover
These girls are much more straightforward then most of our romcom MCs.

@enigmator I believe it is legally allowed ( Misumi is 16, isn't she? ), yeah, many people will be quite disturbed and it is wrong by the norms of society. But honestly, who cares as long as it is not a crime, nobody suffers and everyone is happy (at least in this story).

Dex-chan lover
Romance stories follow an ironclad rule: "Love conquers all". There has to be an obstacle of some sort.

The truly toxic romance stories are those in which the obstacle is ultimately rooted in the personality of the partner, and the message becomes "if I love them enough, I can change them". In reality, relationships with large age gaps create a largely justified fear that the older partner is taking advantage of the younger partner, but while that may be generally true, it is not always true. A (age gap) implies B (power imbalance) which often leads to C (bad relationship), but that doesn't mean A leads to C.

In romance stories it's almost never true, because the age gap itself provides the obstacle that love can overcome. Case in point, this story. These people are clearly in love with each other, think the world of each other, and are deeply concerned with each other's wellbeing. It's a recipe for a perfect relationship. But it's a romance story, so there has to be an obstacle - the fact that the older woman is fundamentally a good person, and because she is a good person, is worried that she might be inadvertently taking advantage of the younger woman after all. It's cute because we, as romance readers, know she's worried over nothing. Love conquers all. All is right with the world today.

It's escapism, of course, because that's the point.

Users who are viewing this thread