Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 16 Ch. 137 - The Girlfriend and the Last Scene (Part 6)

Dex-chan lover
...am I a retard or was this chapter recycling at least 70% of older chapters, including the one from last week?

Double-page supporter
@TheGodEmperor
Well you seemed to have implied you like it / thought it was good, you said you didn't mind it and don't think it's bad. Which it is. It is not average. It's extremely bad.

You don't just cry pedantics ("I never said X, I just heavily implied it") or say people are being extreme when they disagree with you, especially when you're plain wrong. You effectively didn't respond to anything said to you. Other things sucking more than this (an extreme minority mind you) doesn't make this good / average, nor does your ability to "read it fine". This is awful all on its own merits.

People sure love this manga that they complain Soo much about it.

But hey, it's only matter of time before author decides he is done milking his readers.

So have patience.
It's shit, and it's eventually gonna slide down in hole

Fed-Kun's army
remember to check out chapter 69.5 for naked Chizuru ; V

https://mangadex.org/chapter/504054/3

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja It's not bad though, if you think it's bad, you need to read more. Also, no, YOU made the assumption I said it was good by engaging in a logical fallacy "false dichotomy" :p

Deep breaths,
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

can we rename this manga to much ado about nothing at this point?
lets wait another 50 chapters for her to touch his hand or something

Double-page supporter
@TheGodEmperor
Yes, it is. The majority of the people who comment on this hate it, the score is shit, and every chapter you get complaints noting the lack of progress, an unrealistic, unlikable protagonist with impossible relationships with a myriad of attractive women, and a stagnant, borderline non-existent story that when it is acknowledge, is forced forward through contrivances. It's been 138 chapters and we've made almost zero progress. You could read the first chapter, the 60th and the 120th and miss almost nothing. It is bad, the score reflects that, the comments reflect that, and the [up to date / post 2018] reviews reflect that, you going "it's not bad because I say so" doesn't change that, especially in the face of the comments, score and manga itself.

I've got 194 days worth of manga, 35,000 individual chapters, read on MAL, and many more normal books. I've probably read more than you. Not that that is relevant to determining whether or not something is bad. Ironically that is fallacious too.

That's not what a false dichotomy is; you misleading people, and them being mislead is not a fallacy on their part. There was no dichotomy in either comment to boot. Here's another actual fallacy, the "no u" and the proof by assertion fallacy, you ignore all criticism (don't read it if you don't like it comment, ignoring other people's comments, you're being extreme, etc.) against yourself and point to someone else (me, and the other guy) and asserting this as being average or "not bad", in the face of all the comments and criticisms labeling it bad, without substantiating it or refuting the criticisms.

People, calm the hell down.

I think we all can agree we're just a bit curious what happens next? right? or else why would we be reading this?
No need to take a manga too seriously.

Aggregator gang
"Even if it means I turn into a werewolf?"

Geez, this is actually a worse love story then Twilight, fascinating they actually managed to achieve it.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja "The majority of the people who comment on this hate it" that line of argument is what we call a "argumentum ad populum" logical fallacy ;)

And yes, what you did when I say "it's not bad" is a false dichotomy because you think the only other option means I think it's good. There are more than just two things on the scale of subjective opinion of quality. I don't think it's good, but I don't think it's bad. I just think it's "average" for this genre.

I can agree that not enough progress is made through out the series when it comes to the relationship between Chizuru and the MC, but I don't really care much. Not much progress is made in most rom com genres. I've come to expect that. But I wouldn't say nothing progresses. And if your issue is some dude having various appeal to attractive women is unrealistic, why are you even reading ANY manga or watching ANY anime? That's an overwhelming majority, especially for this genre. I'd argue most of the protagonists aren't the most likable yet seem to have attractive women around them interested in him in some way. It's why I don't care as much because I'm just used to that being a trope of this style of manga, as dumb as it might be.

But, no, you act like a god damn child that has decided to make assumptions or to exaggerate things. People on the internet need to learn to calm the hell down and stop thinking everything can only be "shit" or "god" tier in quality. There is a huge spectrum of quality. I wouldn't put this high in any rankings, no doubt, but I have read far far far worse and so I don't find it "shit" either.

As for its own charms? MC can be annoying at times, but given his age and experience, I'm not surprised. Most 20 year old dudes (and girls) are still pretty fucking annoying in real life and immature, but I can find it believable in how he overthinks or reacts stupidly because I've known real guys like that as I grew up. The supporting cast has their own quirks that makes them at least stand out from each other and there are moments I find their own personal issues at least interesting. I wouldn't say I find any of the "comedy" good though, I don't think it's offensive to me either so it's just there as far as I'm concerned. The art isn't bad either, which matters for a manga.

Overall, it's just ok enough for me to keep reading. It's not a manga series I'm excited to see updates for each week (there are certainly those), but it's one where, when I see it has updates and I feel like it, I read it to catch up. But it's not one I think is "zomg so terrible worst ever trash" (especially after having read so many chinese manhuas... wew... now those are terribly written trash more often than not).

Users who are viewing this thread