Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 17 Ch. 148 - The Girlfriend and Lies (Part 2)

Fed-Kun's army
F--- Kazuya. He said some pretty shitty, selfish words right there. At a time when he really needs to stop thinking about himself. AND he has the gall to think what he is doing is actually helping Chizuru? "Put yourself and your feelings first?" !

Remember that all of this started due to Kazuya not wanting to hurt his ego and lose face in front of his family (especially his grandma). This is despite knowing this would put Chizuru in a very uncomfortable position. She played along with it because of how desperate he seemed (though who knows? perhaps some of her own feelings may have already existed by then). However, when Chizuru kept asking him to stop this, he stubbornly refused and begged her to cooperate.

(@uran10 - take note of the next part).

80-90 chapters later (and now 140-150 chapters later), Chizuru is now in the same situation Kazuya was. She doesn't want to lose face in front of her grandma (even though, honestly, the two of them do have those kinds of feelings for each other, and grandma knows it). So she wants Kazuya to do the same thing she did for him. And Kazuya wants to refuse, just to clear his own conscience! WTF? You can't just abort when it's convenient for you! That's like one company executive convincing another to commit fraud, with the first guy making bank, then when the second executive wants to make money, the first guy bails with his money and says they should stop.

I personally think there are two courses of action for Kazuya that aren't totally scummy and unfair to Chizuru:
(1) Keep up the charade. It's only fair (as above).
(2) Kazuya and Chizuru actually become boyfriend/girlfriend. They have the feelings for each other, so I think it might be possible, though it will require persistence and effort on Kazuya's part. Chizuru is not going to be the one to confess to Kazuya; he is the one that will have to confess and pursue her. If/when he does, I suspect Chizuru will act tsundere and "reject" his advances initially). This would be the "ideal" outcome, in a way.

... But the fact he chooses neither of the above just shows the depth of his cowardice (and after 148 chapters, it is infuriating to see he has not changed in the slightest).

Dex-chan lover
At this point anyone with a straight mind must be actively rooting for this spineless little simp shit to get cucked by some alpha male.

Double-page supporter
man fuck both these people. it's either the simp, the ingrate or hell even the "girlfriend" that can't get a clue.

all these people just make me like sumi more. remember her? she's nice.

Just wanted to thank the scanlation team for the high quality work they put out every week. I really appreciate it! Thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
Draaagggged so lame as hell just end this trash already this shit over hyped for manga and anime trash 🗑️🤢🤮💩💩💩⚰️💀

Double-page supporter
After this arc ended, there are more new arcs about "how did I waste my money for this tinder thot and still haven't had a chance to get laid" arcs.

Group Leader
Agreed, it's time to tell the truth.
It's not fair to either of them, nor their loved ones.

Fed-Kun's army
Me at the start of this chapter:
"Oh yes development!"
- The chapter ends without anything happening -
"Now I hate you, Miyajima Reiji, I really hate you"

Please, I beg you, let the story develop a little.

Please just tell the truth. It's been more than 100 chapters and the author keeps on playing the grandma card. Now it's either grandma dies or they tell her the truth

Group Leader
@K1NGS3DDYx89 if you dont like the series, stop reading it.

Speaking of the anime, I was expecting more mature voices but heck its anime, guess they gotta sound squeely

Development? Is it finally gonna happen? Am I getting my hopes up for nothing? Cause it's looking like something might finally happen.

Dex-chan lover
@jadro
Development? Is it finally gonna happen? Am I getting my hopes up for nothing? Cause it's looking like something might finally happen.

Oh. Oh, jadro, you sweet summer child... oh, no... I... No, I'm sorry, I can't tell him. I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread