Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 17 Ch. 148 - The Girlfriend and Lies (Part 2)

Kazuya wanting to call it quits so granny can die without regrets. Dunno if he finally grew a pair, or his attitude regressed into raw foolhardiness. Btw, the name of the next chapter hints that
that LINE message is from the movie editor who says the movie postproduction is already done and ready for being showcased. Kazuya manages to get a private copy so granny could watch it from her bed. Granny wakes up, manages to watch part of the reel and passes away

/At this rate i can really see Kazuya calling quits to his "relationship" with Chorizo after this

Well, I found this manga about a week ago. I hate this part . Waiting! Ugh haha

@amstash same I found the manga about a week about and I read the whole thing in like 2 days. So yeah I agree the worst part is waiting for the next chapter

Why would you threaten Chizuru with revealing this when her grandma is on her deathbed? Just be quiet for a fee chapters mc-kun.

Aggregator gang
Yeah who cares about you get the fuck out from this show u piece of shit MC

if you hate the MC so much why don't you just quit the manga already ? tf was wrong with you ?

I just finished reading this manga in 2 days and I don't get why everyone's hating on the mc lol. Yea it's slow paced and he makes a few mistakes but damn, I've read manga with guys that were probably a thousand times worse and they didn't get the same hate 💀

I like pretty much every other character than the mc and it's not because he is flawed or makes mistakes its that he doesn't really have anything else about him other than the fact that he is a nice guy. I was really hoping by this point he get some other interest or found a little bit more self worth. But nope. Everything this guy talks about is how amazing mizuhara is and how much he isn't worthy of her and how he must do anything and everything for her. Like man I think I just want one chapter of him like picking up a hobby or some other interest that doesn't have to do with girls just to give him something else for his character.

Dex-chan lover
Most of the users hating on MC are still the same people that said "I'm dropping this" for 2 years every chapter's comments section.

Dex-chan lover
There's no way the grandmother hasn't known about them from the beginning, and his grandmother too.

Someone needs to tell him to pursue his own dream. He really needs to have a straight talk with that obnoxious bro of his.

I really hope that he and Chizuru don't get together. If either one of them had been willing to give up some pride and fear along the way and really let the other one in, it would be fine. But Chizuru has been holding the card of being classier than he is and he's been hiding all kinds of things behind all the "she's beautifuls" and "I'm fighting for her dreams".

Rent-a-date poisoned everything for them. Its transactions are insidious. Instead of buying sex, it buys fake love. Sex can bring all kinds of trouble, but fake love kills the soul.

granny will die w/o knowing the truth. Ch. 149 spoilers are all around twitter and every possibility of Kazuya telling the truth to Chizuru's granny is now zero

Dex-chan lover
I would be really happy if the series ended this way:

Chizuru makes her rightful choice and doesn't tell her grandmother (who turns out to have known anyway), Kazuya finally realizes that the film is an excellent way to say goodbye and breaks off their friendship. Miraculously, he has realized she does not know how to love him and his idiocy meant that he couldn't have truly loved her.

Years later, five maybe, they meet again. They're both married or engaged to someone else. Chizuru is a stylish, somewhat hardened actress, maybe married to that other actor. Kazuya hasn't gone through any miracle cure, but he is considerably more self-confident and better looking.

Fantasy would be that Kazuya would be together with Sumi. Kazuya actually had discovered that he wanted to be a producer and their film gave him a starting point to make a pitch to a film school.

Kazuya and Chizuru have a meaningful, short conversation of about ten minutes. They walk away, pretending that it didn't bother them.

Independently, they agree that the best decision either one of them made in their friendship was that she almost stopped taking his money.

The End

Double-page supporter
i can only hope the Big Chizuru Arc ends after showing Nago-granny the movie (provided no one reveals the whole "rental gf relationship") but i have adapted the saying "No expectation, no disappointment" into my mind at this point.

keep in mind that these two started this whole thing because of their grandmothers and not wanting to lose face. bailing out would've been easy for kazuya because his family's pretty disappointed in him anyway but chizuru's sense of pride is kinda the reason why we're always so baffled at this... hole of a manga to being with (my own opinion anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread