Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 18 Ch. 153 - The Girlfriend and the Goodbye

Lol just ask the other girl for advice, no need to date her all day and waste both of your time and money. Now i want mizuhara to see them go on a date and misunderstand what happens. And does ruka even know about this??

Just coming here to look the comments' box... and laugh at early hours bc nobody seems to take a grasp on why Kazuya is behaving like this.

He's fucking cornered on this. Nagomi told him that only a boyfriend like him can do what must be done... thing is that... he is neither his bf nor his friend, just his neighbour and barely coworkers. On the situation he's being put into (all of this his fault, but whatever), i think he was wise enough to call Sumi (she helped him with the movie idea and hearing things from a girls' perspective, a friend of Chizuru no less, can give him a better understanding of the shit he's into), as he never had a gf, neither the experience to handle these situations. As he said, there's a fucking big-ass wall between him and Chizuru (metaphorically and physically speaking). And he doesn't know how to climb that wall, neither how to break it.

But it looks like us westerners can't understand japanese boys and their social cues. Specially unlucky and socially inept cherry boys like him. Thing is that he's taking responsibility for his actions, but doesn't know how to enact that responsibility.

PD: it seems Ruka will come back soon and stir shit up, making that wall taller, stronger and thicker. Miyajima leaked something on his twitter.
PD2: Sumi-chan, as cute as always. Her smile and motor clumsiness are the cure for my suffering, drama and nekketsu filled heart. Even when tripping over small things she looks cute.

can we just get a spin off of the fish in his little aquarium, it would be way more engaging than this

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69
But it looks like us westerners can't understand japanese boys and their social cues.

Well, we all here consume enough of manga\anime to understand japanese romcom characters and their quirks (they don't act like real Japanese people anyway). And MC is retarded even by romcom manga standards. This chapter particularly is not that bad and MC doubts are somewhat reasonable first time in ages, but overall it's just absolute trainwreck and there is no other justification but the wish of author to stretch it as long as possible maintaining status quo between characters.

I adore how after more than 150 chapters, people are still reading this every week and still complains about MC while not noticing that they are masochists themselves. But, hey, this is free! So...lol

Dex-chan lover
@Blu7
the rant is more enjoyable than the manga for me. i just quick read the manga to get the context (and waiting for more Ruka panel)

@bejad007 Ruka's coming back soon and will stir shit up for sure. Miyajima posted a tweet due to Ruka's b-day and had a pic with a still unfinished manga panel with Ruka making a cute face.

With Chizuru's actual mental state, i can see her lashing out and being aggressive on jealous impulse if she sees Ruka with Kazuya. Now that all her relatives are dead, she will turn into a pressure pot about to implode. Next chapters won't be the same as the others regarding relationships' dynamics, and Sumi seems to be put on a bus for good after the next one. Her short return to give Kazuya advices even matches the schedule for the final Kanojo, Hitomishirimasu chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@WhisCalifa69
thanks for the info.

i feel bad for Chizuru, she deserve better life but Ruka is the best match for (the stupid) Kazuya

I keep checking back in after I swear that I'm done with the series, HOPING that Kazuya's gotten some balls. I applaud stomping into her dying grandma's room with the computer to let her see the movie, but holy mackerel he's still such a giant weenie. And even spends a good part of the funeral goo-goo-gaaing at Mizuhara. Is this actually the most pathetic manga protagonist in recent memory?

@WhisCalifa69
What makes you so sure about Ruka? I wouldn't be surprised, because she's a crappy plot device whose purpose in this story is basically to be a false lead and to paradoxically speed up the main couple's romantic development by hindering it, but you got any leads specifically?

@Thuglas
1598796048534.jpg

Miyajima posted in twitter an unfinished manga panel with Ruka inside bc of her irl birthday. Considering manga chapters are done in advance of 2 or 3 weeks, she might appear soon at the worst moment.

Users who are viewing this thread