Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 18 Ch. 156 - The Girlfriend and the Sudden Trip (Part 2)

Sumi is and always will be best girl.

Even if the ship was doomed from the start, I'd gladly sink with it.

Now give me my Sumi spinoff back.

i waited for 1 week and the story isnt really interesting T.T ... but thanks anyway. hope that next chapter is better !

Here from SS Mizuhara, we salute Sumi's sacrifice for us and their crew who decided to stick with her and accompany her in her sacrifice.

The real enemies are SS Ruka and Mami Fleet.

Aggregator gang
*girls takes of her socks at the beach*

MC: *WAI-* [EXTREME BLUSHING AND FACIAL SPASMS AS IF SHE JUST TOOK A HUGE SHIT IN FRONT OF HIM]

These last few chapters have been... kinda disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I like Sumi and all, but did the author really need to drag this out with 3 chapters?

@Lex79, sup dude, long time no see. Haven't been on AS at all lately, so I've no idea how things are over there.

Since Go-Toubun ended, what's the next big thing that everyone's talking about every week?

@MK-95- I agree. There is clearly a problem here. The roots of this manga is the comedy with a bottom of drama. This plot line about Chizuru's gradma is clearly pure drama, which in my opinion is great ( I love the chapters of the last moments of the grandma ) but I guess the author wanted to not change too much the genre ( I guess is too risky if your regular readers like the start of the manga for the comedy... some of them can dislike too much drama now)

So instead the author uses Kazuya as the comedy resource insisting on being pathetic and desperate with girls. That is getting old and collide with the development of the characters in the drama/romantic side, beside it adds a lot of unnecessary scenes and "fanservices" about "how wonderful these girls are".

Its time of a change of direction. End the grandma plot line in its drama/comfort style (that it's great as is) and return to the comedy through the collision of the characters in awkward situations instead of making the characters (well... mainly Kazuya ) dumb. At least not so pathetic with girls.

I think that Mini has a lot of potential like a "evil mastermind" to create a lot of these uncomfortable situations. She did when she rented the single room but she can dot a lot more in the future, like push the "harem" into a fight for Kazuya, try to push the main characters through jealousy and this kind of things without degrade the characters while the main plot goes forward.

Dex-chan lover
@MK-95- hi, yeah it's a long time...
I'd say nothing really has taken the place of Gotoubun. There are still discussions for Kaguya and Bokuben, but not at the same level. I too find myself posting more here.

I hope for a plot something like ...

Ruka goes to Kazuya apartment and she see in the trash some papers about "methods to make your crush fall in love for you" with a special method marked with a pen.
It's about a special formula of alcohol and some drugs that the paper said it's 100% success.

She goes mad as she thinks that this is from Kazuya trying to manipulate Chizuru... but, she thinks again and imagine that he will blame her for search in his trash, and after all, he has drop the formula, so he has done the right thing.

But she thinks again... What if she used the formula instead of him? It is a possibility to consider, so she hide the formula.

After check that the apartment is empty he meet a handsome guy that search for Chizuru. He's Umi,
For a moment, Ruka imagine... If she fall in love with him, Kazuya would be devastated and without Chizuru, she will be the number one for Kazuya. She will comfort him.

Ruka interrogates him and after have some clues that he could be interested in a date with Chizuru, she offers a double date.

Kazuya and Chizuru, after be surprised by Ruka that their "friendship hang out" turns into a double date including Uma, she offer drinks and use the formula on Chizuru and Uma drinks in hope of they fall in love under the chemicals and the jealousy of Mizuhara when she (Ruka) kisses Kazuya.

BUT... Chizuru search for a excuse to go out some minutes with Ruka.
After some discussion they enter and...

They find Kazuya and Uma in "bro" mode, Kazuya drinking Chizuru's, both totally drunken, Kazuma complaining about how expensive are rental girlfriends and Uma telling him that real girlfriends are A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE.

Uma - "Once they catch you.... BOOOM... They want a lot of dresses, a car... a house... to be your wife... have children...."
Kazuya - "Oh.... I would love have children with Mizuhara."
Uma - "Wait... The name of your girlfriend... is Ruka, isn't it?"
Kazuya - "Yeap... Ruka wants to have children with me too... BURP"
Uma - "BUUUUUUUUUURP"
Kazuya - "You are a good guy. I wouldn't complait if Chizuru ends with you...."
Kazuya - "No... That's a lie... I will complain a lot anyway."
Uma - "But Chizuru loves you...."
Kazuya - "...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!" - and fade away

That scene with the girls in the background, hearing everything, while Ruka explain Chizuru that it is her fault because are the effects of a "secret formula".

Only to learn at the end, next day, that the formula was from Mini. She discarded it because the real effects are dangerous big booze and it was a hoax from internet.

I would love to see something like this.

@Zanstel: I'm inclined to agree with you. The characters have become stagnant as of late. It feels like they stopped growing some time ago and the author has been banking solely on their archetypes and established characterization to carry them through. The only character as of late that actually feels like they've been slowly, but surely growing is Chizuru.

@Lex79: That's kinda why I haven't been active on the forums lately. I just haven't found that next big thing that makes me become fully invested and makes me want to talk about it all day. Once I find that next manga that really hooks me, you'll probably see a lot more of me on the forums again.
'

Dex-chan lover
This is getting good! Not sure what you guys are talking about but I think the pacing is fine as is. I mean compare it to the Komi-San manga at least. I mean I like that manga dont get me wrong but theres just too much filler in it. (Im still reading it though because im not some kind of entitled high specs guy that gives up on reading or watching something after 2-3 chapters/episodes or so)

I thought Sumi would've confessed by now but this chapter went the safe route I guess.

Although I feel like most of these people's gripes about the pacing here are just because they're reading the chapter as soon as it comes out instead of actually waiting for the manga itself to finish before giving a solid opinion.However, theres the case that I'd rather actually give the pacing a double take if this takes like 250+ chapters already and we don't see much in the way of romantic or plot development. (*ahem* komi san *ahem*)

P.S. I still read Komi San though. Just using it as an example of badly dragging things out in comparison to this.

Don't care what anyone says. This was my favorite chapter if it wasn't for Sumi I would have dropped this awhile ago

Took a glance on chapter 157 spoilers.
It seems and feels like we are entering endgame territory and Ruka became worse-than-worst girl in a flash. Pace and resolution are getting faster than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread