Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 19 Ch. 164 - The Girlfriend and the Boyfriend (Part 8)

Dex-chan lover
Beta mc showing his beta side again by not embracing a crying heroine noice

not hugging someone in this kind of situation is one of the most bizarre things i’ve seen in manga and i’ve read junji ito works

was about to say he did a good job but he didnt even embrace her wtf

the atmosphere and tension built up from previous chapters for this scene is rly good xD

For people who say for him to hug her, he actually did try, but stopped himself. Look at the right of page 18, where he opened his arms a bit. Then, look at the 3 bottom panels on page 21: He went to hug her, but stopped himself. He didn't feel like it was the right time, or that he even should. Now, is this the 100% sure-fire milliondollar correct way to approach this situation for Kazuya? No, I don't think there is a "perfect" way to do it. I think it's what he thought was best for Chizuru though. She clearly grabbed onto his shirt, and NOT grabbed around him in a hug. Kazuya interpreted it as Chizuru needing to just grab something close to hold, but not necessarily him to hug.

Remember, this is Kazuya we're talking about here. The dude who get's embarrassed thinking about even talking to a girl. This date was the biggest thing he's done for someone in the manga, imo - which could be debated with the whole movie arc. Again, is it the right choice? I have no clue. Is it the socially-awkward Kazuya's choice? Yep. I'm all for it because this is really realistic if you consider who this is.

Group Leader
Wether he hugged her or not doesn't matter right here. He wanted her to let it out and to say it's okay, it's not been about him, it's about her.

You know what, this was worth to read. Holy crap so many life lessons flashed at me when I read this.

Too much about a hug, when she is clearly showing her true emotions under the facade, what Kayuza did was already far from what u can expect from him, and helped her to releases all the built up frustation.

Dex-chan lover
Fantastic build up and a good climax of this mini-arc the MC showed character growth in this chapter by not hugging Chizuru. Amazing chapter looking forward to the next one

Dex-chan lover
My man spent so many pages on Mizuhara crying and nothing being said.

It was the best chapter he made hands down.

Can't mc at least at this point or hopefully after this see their relationship as a friends. Cause this whole "just a client" thing hasn't held up for a while now and after these water works one of them have to see them as friends right?

Dex-chan lover
Best chapter in the manga and yet the MC pisses me off once more, move your fucking arms you fucking simp and hold her tight

using that moment to capture her heart is just so egoistic. it's like using someone's feeling for something you yourself wanted. so doing what he's done is right. and you know it's a bit true for that awkward dude in japan, i think, to put his hands down while a girl cries in his chest

@SNKY has it right

The actual problem is that after this chapter we're going back to status quo for another 50 chapters

Users who are viewing this thread