Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Vol. 19 Ch. 166 - The Girlfriend and Tears (Part 2)

Fed-Kun's army
Okay to be really honest, I am done with this manga, dropped it. I am way too irritated with the MC to continue, the guy is sadly way too pathetic.

What just happened? He tried to give her peaches and he's like buhh duhhh durrrr huhhh then she just walks away like okay dude...
Are we also implying she didn't understand his perfect girlfriend comment until now?

Did we really need him to overthink and freak out before he came to his senses and calmed down. Couldn't we just cut out the freak out have him understand that it was her acting tough and have like 3-5 extra pages of mizuhara talking with her grandparents. Just feels like the mc freaking out has been over played at this point.

Okay time to explain to the people who didn't understand the last two chapters including this one.

First of all people are complaining about why kazuya didn't hug chizuru?
There are two main reasons why kazuya didn't do this.
1) In japan hugging is considered only for close people like wives, brothers or sisters. Kazuya hugging chizuru in that situation would have made him look like he is taking advantage of her.
2) If you are following the story so far kazuya low-self esteem consider himself only a client and what he thinks to himself is that he can't do anything more only let chizuru cry on him.

Chapter 165 (Development wise for people who are saying it was pathetic)
Chapter 165 was mainly for kazuya to look back on what happened which is normally because he never seen mizuhara cry unless it was a movie. The part of the chapter which says "I really do love mizuhara" is different compared to chapter 49 where he confessed and why he loves her. In 49 it was mostly about he loves on who she but he doesn't understand that there is this armor. Chapter 149 difference is mainly saying he loves her because she can also cry sometimes and not be this all mighty goddess. He adores her because she is a human and she is broken just like him in some ways.

Chapter 166 (Development)
Started off getting peachs and them meeting mizuhara. The development here is mostly about why chizuru asks why she should wear and asking for his opinon. He mostly shocked because he never thought of her asking about that and meanwhile when he gets in the room and complains about if the crying was fake or not because of her acting skills. The development for this kazuya is tiny but he learnt to calm down.
Meanwhile on chizuru side she talks to her grandparents on what they are about and ectr but this is the start of herself awareness that she likes kazuya and she will confess. You can also see the ring next the picture of the grandma.

the MC is really really stretching my patience. I also believe the mangaka would benefict from having someone to help him with the story. The overexagerated goofy reactions of the MC does not fit at all with the mood of the story. It creats a dissonance that makes you wonder if it is a burlesque comedy or a romance.

I agree with the guy below. The mc is exhausting and his reactions are so streched out it's just not fun or interesting anymore. Plus indeed, there is some drama happening come on stop the stupid thinking. Did like the girl confession though.

Kazuya getting annoyed at Chizuru's act is progress.
Chizuru's realization in the last pages is also progress.

Remember Reiji is fond of slow development, but it's there.

Kazuya's frustration will likely play a role in a future conflict.

if you actually complain about the MC ur the type of mf that would act the exact way as him on any social interaction..y'all aren't hachiman or sakuta irl stop lying to yourselves

Dex-chan lover
Just end already please. I can't take watching this little shit go back into his "feel sorry for me cuz I don't know if she likes me" position.

How much ego do you have to want the girl make the first move and just say she likes you to get it over with. If you really did love her, just tell her. Keeping that to yourself just shows how selfish you are that you want everything to be given to you.

Low self esteem or not after all those character building moments it pisses me off that we go back to square one every time. I'd like a little progression from the constant sad boi rolling around on the floor asking if she could love him.

Users who are viewing this thread