Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san - Ch. 263

Dex-chan lover
It's moments like this one that makes me wonder what's their dynamic when Chi isn't around. I have a feeling that Takagi regularly takes her teasing to levels that can't be drawn. I can't imagine how they'd have a kid otherwise :)
It also explains why Nishikata gets really hesitant when Takagi starts teasing and really doesn't want his kid to notice what the teasing means to him.
There has been a few chapters when Chi is not around them or she is asleep and he act the same way as he does here.

Dex-chan lover
There has been a few chapters when Chi is not around them or she is asleep and he act the same way as he does here.
True, but still, the manga is made in such a way that we only see a very narrow slice of their lives, so their interactions are missing a lot of context. I think the author does that on purpose, because adult readers, especially those in a partnership, will empathize and fill in the blanks, while the younger audience will just enjoy the fluff.

I think it's a nice balance. It keeps most of the tone of the original manga, but winks at adult readers.

Dex-chan lover
I heavily doubt there is a young audience for that, for a kid this is boring as hell

Dex-chan lover
cute to see Takagi enjoying the rare treat of getting to hold both hands. you really get the feeling that Chi is the only one who gets to do it usually and she wasnt gonna pass up the opportunity.

i get that they probably don't wanna step on the toes of the main manga, but i always wish we got more time of the parents alone together

Users who are viewing this thread