Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - Human Instinct

Dex-chan lover
Also weapons.
Humans didn't use weapons as a primary way of hunting their predators for most of our existence. Think about it. We've been around for about 3 million years and it hasn't even been 1 million years since we as a species "discovered" fire. The most used way of hunting was what stilgar mentioned. We'd outwalk (not run) animals because we had much more stamina

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @The_Lamb
  • p11 extreems -> extremes
  • p13 No I've never -> No, I've never // No. I've never
  • p19 geniune -> genuine
  • p20 pidgeon holed -> pidgeonholed // pidgeon-holed
  • (Finally, most speech bubbles have no punctuation at the end, and would benefit from ending on a period.)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

Typos & edit suggestions: @The_Lamb
  • p11 extreems -> extremes
  • p13 No I've never -> No, I've never // No. I've never
  • p19 geniune -> genuine
  • p20 pidgeon holed -> pidgeonholed // pidgeon-holed
  • (Finally, most speech bubbles have no punctuation at the end, and would benefit from ending on a period.)
Thanks for the spots. Extreme I already corrected in my transcript, but then repeated the mistake again while typesetting. :rolleyes:
I also found a mistake in your mistake find: Pidgeon -> Pigeon, although I left out the hyphen for aesthetic reasons.
One of my typesetting rules is to only end a speech bubble with ! or ? punctuation. Periods are only used within a paragraph.

But all corrections are welcome!

Humans didn't use weapons as a primary way of hunting their predators for most of our existence. Think about it. We've been around for about 3 million years and it hasn't even been 1 million years since we as a species "discovered" fire. The most used way of hunting was what stilgar mentioned. We'd outwalk (not run) animals because we had much more stamina
Depends on what you define as human. If you mean modern human and close relatives like the Neanderthals they used tools/rudimentary weapons for their entire existence. You have no other method of hunting otherwise, and agrarian society came much later. How do you suppose you would kill a large herbivore with no tools? Punching it?
I won't comment on the outwalk thing that has always struck me as myth or a niche within some human communities. You have no need to "outwalk" when you can chuck a spear/arrow and walk for 10 minutes until said animal is dead from blood loss.
You must be thinking of very early hominids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread