Yajin Tensei: Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 8 Ch. 52 - After Combat Training

"There might be if you looked hard enough, but the only good ones are the ones that never come out of their holes." Goblin Slayer said it best.

Contributor
I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!

Dex-chan lover
It's kind of funny how so few readers share Yajin's thoughts and doubts.
I think it's partially because goblins work however a series says they do. If it's factual that they all target humans no matter what, then we can't really argue with it. It seems like not targeting humans would frequently go better given human communities tend to hold grudges, but apparently There Is No Recourse. The goblins are just there for Yajin to have doubts about his limits and humanity, with the goblin baby probably never coming up again.

It's also been made abundantly clear that this is a series where nice people tend to die, so it's also hard to question Yajin's actions toward humans. If anything, he tries his damnedest to avoid unnecessary violence and death, even though that is nowhere near enough for him to believe in his moral purity or feel good about himself. Out of any readers who would survive his situation, Yajin is likely far kinder and far more considerate, with even his doubts about himself being proof of that.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's partially because goblins work however a series says they do. If it's factual that they all target humans no matter what, then we can't really argue with it. It seems like not targeting humans would frequently go better given human communities tend to hold grudges, but apparently There Is No Recourse. The goblins are just there for Yajin to have doubts about his limits and humanity, with the goblin baby probably never coming up again.

It's also been made abundantly clear that this is a series where nice people tend to die, so it's also hard to question Yajin's actions toward humans. If anything, he tries his damnedest to avoid unnecessary violence and death, even though that is nowhere near enough for him to believe in his moral purity or feel good about himself. Out of any readers who would survive his situation, Yajin is likely far kinder and far more considerate, with even his doubts about himself being proof of that.
I think he's long past the point where you could call him a kind person. You can call him a strong person, not just physically, but not kind

Dex-chan lover
In this episode Yajin commits genocide and ponders murdering children. He also kills a rabbit.

For probably unrelated reasons, there will be a break this month.
The author should focus more on his recovery.

Dex-chan lover
and you have to be careful because when You trade your passion for glory,
you have to Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
Yes. Yajin's humanity is slowly eroding, like that war veteran stuck inside the forest for 40 years.

You will never realize you have turned from soldier into a bandit.

Dex-chan lover
His goal is not to just live in the wilderness forever, though, but to find somewhere he can actually live. Also he's a dad now. He's just numb from these constant life or death situations while not having anyone he can completely trust or to encourage him. If that situation changes, it's likely his temperament will as well. The numbness is basically a psychological defense we have to get through crisis mode, not necessarily a sign of eroding humanity or anything like that.

I would also say kindness is relative - it's easy or at least easier to be kind when you have nothing to lose. He may not be "a kind person", whatever that means (no one is really a consistent type of person), but I would say he tries best to consider others' well being to the extent his situation allows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread