Karate Survivor in Another World - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - Human Instinct

Group Leader
man what the fuck do you mean "beast in human form" it's just some dude with shat pants flailing his arms around, i can't take this "removed his limiter" shit seriously.
Basically the guy stopped planning his attacks and just kept going off of instinct, which is why the MC had problems predicting his next move.

Also the limiter thing is real; pain is one of the limiters humans have, and if you stop feeling it you'll just keep using your body until it starts to fall apart.

Dex-chan lover
man what the fuck do you mean "beast in human form" it's just some dude with shat pants flailing his arms around, i can't take this "removed his limiter" shit seriously.

Yeah, this is real if you go and lift heavy things with no regard for your body telling you to stop. You'll probably pull it off, once. After that, it's time to get an x-ray and see if you need a cane.

Dex-chan lover
If a guy with shitty pants tried to eat your face and scratch you with shitty fingernails, you'd be scared, too. That's like fighting Super Florida Man.

Dex-chan lover
I remember this story has level mechanics. Seems like my memory is playing tricks on me.

Dex-chan lover
There are so many better ways to say “removed his limiter” too, limiter feels way too DBZ

In the original Japanese it actually spells out the English word limiter in Katakana "リミッター", so I was stuck having to use it even though it's a bit of a cliche.

Interestingly, he also says "ガード" - guard - instead of 'block' or a Karate term.

Dex-chan lover
Depends on what you define as human. If you mean modern human and close relatives like the Neanderthals they used tools/rudimentary weapons for their entire existence. You have no other method of hunting otherwise, and agrarian society came much later. How do you suppose you would kill a large herbivore with no tools? Punching it?
I won't comment on the outwalk thing that has always struck me as myth or a niche within some human communities. You have no need to "outwalk" when you can chuck a spear/arrow and walk for 10 minutes until said animal is dead from blood loss.
You must be thinking of very early hominids.
I think you're misunderstanding concepts. My point was that weapons were just tools to finish off beasts or to help remove the pelt off them, not to fight them as was implied before. If you think starvation hunting methods are a myth, then I guess there's no discussion to be made because your point is just "I don't believe this is true"

N2O

Dex-chan lover
The thought of doing one of those high kicks with shit running down your legs is... Not pleasant :nyoron: I guess the extra lubrication might help a little?

Fed-Kun's army
I think you're misunderstanding concepts. My point was that weapons were just tools to finish off beasts or to help remove the pelt off them, not to fight them as was implied before. If you think starvation hunting methods are a myth, then I guess there's no discussion to be made because your point is just "I don't believe this is true"
Alright, now it's "starvation hunting"? Anyway, I would like to see you running through a forest/savanha or any non-paved surface for a long time, long enough for prey to stop because of exhaustion. Check leg injure rates of army soldiers, and they only walk, never mind run, it's not good. Mind you most hunts of any kind fail and you would need to do this many many times a day.
But it's okay because we sweat I guess.
Checked wikipedia and they mentioned a couple of modern day tribes that supposedly use this method of hunting, saw a documentary on youtube and they just shot the prey with a bow and walk to where it dies. Not as described in the article.
As I said, sounds like a niche, maybe when hunting mammoths with arrows, since they would take really long to drop dead?

Dex-chan lover
Alright, now it's "starvation hunting"? Anyway, I would like to see you running through a forest/savanha or any non-paved surface for a long time, long enough for prey to stop because of exhaustion. Check leg injure rates of army soldiers, and they only walk, never mind run, it's not good. Mind you most hunts of any kind fail and you would need to do this many many times a day.
But it's okay because we sweat I guess.
Checked wikipedia and they mentioned a couple of modern day tribes that supposedly use this method of hunting, saw a documentary on youtube and they just shot the prey with a bow and walk to where it dies. Not as described in the article.
As I said, sounds like a niche, maybe when hunting mammoths with arrows, since they would take really long to drop dead?
"Now it's starvation hunting"... I said it wrong. It's as simple as that. It's apparently called "persistence hunting" in english. My apologies for wording wrongly something in my third language... It happens but it's luckily completely irrelevant because the point was conveyed either way.
Regardless, just you talking about mammoths being hunted already shows you've no idea what you're talking about... There were very, very few animals riskier to hunt than mammoths. There's no point in continuing this discussion if all you're going to say is "It doesn't seem right". Just do your research. Let's talk after that

Fed-Kun's army
"Now it's starvation hunting"... I said it wrong. It's as simple as that. It's apparently called "persistence hunting" in english. My apologies for wording wrongly something in my third language... It happens but it's luckily completely irrelevant because the point was conveyed either way.
Regardless, just you talking about mammoths being hunted already shows you've no idea what you're talking about... There were very, very few animals riskier to hunt than mammoths. There's no point in continuing this discussion if all you're going to say is "It doesn't seem right". Just do your research. Let's talk after that
"There were very, very few animals riskier to hunt than mammoths" That's why I said it may have been a niche.
It's too bad that you can't read properly. Just do your research lol... I accept your defeat. See ya!

Users who are viewing this thread