Kare to Kanojo no Sentaku - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Double-page supporter
Christ, I hate it when people say guys and girls can't just be friends. I mean, in this particular case it's very clear that Haruka has feelings for Kazuma, but that's not universal.

Just to start with, not every girl will be attracted to every guy and vice versa. And it's entirely possible for romantic feelings to fade, or for you to intentionally smother them.

Plus, lesbians are friends with other girls all the time, and the same with gay guys being friends with other guys.
Girls and guys can be friend only if they friendzoned each other. If one of them start to catch feeling for the other one the friendship is at risk.

Friendship between girls and guys has the potential to be not stable because you can fall in love with your friend with time even if you don’t want it.

If you fall in love for someone and the other person doesn’t want you you have2 choices suffer and try to forget about your feelings or leave.

My brother and I had this discussion and for a lot of guys if they are friends with a woman, she is cute, the vibe is great with her and the man is single ,well they is no reason to no try to be more most of the time.

It’s not as simple for us. That’s why most guys say you can’t(most of the time) be friends with a girl (without a possible risk to fall of her if she is good enough and you’re single)

And most of my friends say yes we can be friends with guys no problem….

Dex-chan lover
Girls and guys can be friend only if they friendzoned each other. If one of them start to catch feeling for the other one the friendship is at risk.

Friendship between girls and guys has the potential to be not stable because you can fall in love with your friend with time even if you don’t want it.

If you fall in love for someone and the other person doesn’t want you you have2 choices suffer and try to forget about your feelings or leave.

My brother and I had this discussion and for a lot of guys if they are friends with a woman, she is cute, the vibe is great with her and the man is single ,well they is no reason to no try to be more most of the time.

It’s not as simple for us. That’s why most guys say you can’t(most of the time) be friends with a girl (without a possible risk to fall of her if she is good enough and you’re single)

And most of my friends say yes we can be friends with guys no problem….
Ummm, you do realize that not every guy is attracted to every girl right? I'm friends with several guys and they have yet to fall in love with me. I even have a guy friend who I've known for 5 years now. Zero feelings have been caught by either of us.

And you're still ignoring lesbians and gay guys. And, admittedly it isn't common, but there are people who remain friends with their ex's. Saying that guy/girl friends will inevitably have one of them fall in love with the other is completely misunderstanding romantic attraction.

Double-page supporter
Ummm, you do realize that not every guy is attracted to every girl right? I'm friends with several guys and they have yet to fall in love with me. I even have a guy friend who I've known for 5 years now. Zero feelings have been caught by either of us.

And you're still ignoring lesbians and gay guys. And, admittedly it isn't common, but there are people who remain friends with their ex's. Saying that guy/girl friends will inevitably have one of them fall in love with the other is completely misunderstanding romantic attraction.
Yes, I never said it’s a 100% chance to happen. I said there is a possible risk it happens. A risk is not a fatality obviously.

Same I have guys friends and I never caught feelings for them but one of them started to have feelings for me. It wasn’t his intentions… we were real friends for years… And it destroyed everything…

??? I don’t understand what you’re trying to say with the part where you talk about gays and lesbians. They have the same problem too, it can happen to them too. Well from what my lesbians friends told me or even what i saw it’s worst for them.

But as I said this problem is a possibility not a fatality. I don’t even know why it affects you so much… Is it that bad to say it can happen?

Dex-chan lover
Aika looks really nice in that dress!

Haruka is definitely conflicted and needs to make up her mind.

Double-page supporter
Two single people who are even lightly attracted to each other can't be friends. Kazuma is definitely attracted to Haruka and Haruka is showing signs.
Ofc if Kazuma and Aika got together then she would want Kazuma to move out of the house he is sharing with Haruka. This is what I feel she meant by choosing.
The logical conclusion is that: Kazuma would have change his whole free time schedule and spend it with Aika instead.
Haruka is feeling demoted because she thought there was a scenario where all 3 could be happy.

Personally, I think that hormones do influence your feeling in some sense. It was demonstrated that taking artificial testosterone improves confidence and self-esteem for example.
And women are very flexible with their feelings: I mean, the first thing a man built is weapon. The second thing he unintentionally made is a widow. So ofc there are women who accepted the comfort of other women( after their male was gone...)

Dex-chan lover
that gyary is def wrong
you can have friends regardless of your and their genders but manga logic for drama ig

Dex-chan lover
image.png

This whole "whether guys and girls can be friends" debate aside, her logic is just off here. She's saying that "if guys and girls could be friends, nobody would ever cheat", which makes absolutely no fucking sense. I mean, even if it was possible to be friends, some people may stay just friends, and others may not.

Users who are viewing this thread