Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 31 - Language is not scary

Dex-chan lover
This chapter was pretty easy to clean and redraw. Next one though... well, you'll see.

I like that Kaya-chan didn't really need to punch the ikiryou for it to go away. It kinda went away by itself after the grudge was fulfilled. Author's description of ikiryou reminds me of stands from JJBA though.

Dex-chan lover
I copy this on Wikipedia:

"Ikiryō is a disembodied spirit or ghost in Japanese popular belief and fiction that leaves the body of a living person and subsequently haunts other people or places, sometimes across great distances. according to mythology, the ikiryō does not necessarily act out of spite or vengefulness, and stories are told of the ikiryō who bears no grudge or poses no real threat. In recorded examples, the spirit sometimes takes possession of another person's body for motives other than vengeance, such as love and infatuation. A person's ikiryō may also leave the body (often very shortly before death) to manifest its presence around loved ones, friends, and/or acquaintances."

So it's like an astral projection of Mayumi's grudge. Meeting her old bully again, even if she is happy now, her deep hatred towards her old bully is so strong, that it manifests to haunt her old bully and her child.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So the girl who was bullied thought that the bully's kid should learn the words or that he would end up like his mother and so it manifasted? I am a little bit confused here.
The bullied girl anger manifested as an evil spirit and decided to torment her previous bully. It just decided that corrupting the kid would be more effective because the mother cared too much about image.

Dex-chan lover
the last panel
does that means that the ghost possessed the mother and become her ?

Dex-chan lover
So the "perfect woman" was an awful bully in her school age, especially towards an "ugly duckling" character.

Well the perfect woman grew up to be someone who cared about perfect image, but she never made up with the people she bullied, and her guilt created a haunting spirit that the kids can see. The spirit looks like the ugly duckling used to look as a child.

Meanwhile the ugly duckling character has matured into a happy and wholesome swan character, with a happy child of her own. She doesn't even know that her childhood bully is making herself miserable with guilt.

Users who are viewing this thread