Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 5 Ch. 33 - Espers are not scary

Dex-chan lover
Are you kidding me dude ?, you are already grown up and you can do your shit on your own. like hell other people suppose to do ?, rather than compare your trauma to another, you had better to take care someone like kaya who has ability like you to not feel the same experience like you went through. I mean look at her, she experience being targeted by pedo guy moreover she doesn't know which one wrong or right, a girl like her just want to play with another kid and you wanna compete your past trauma with her. What a silly guy you are, you need to get punch dude, That's not behavior that should be done by an grown up like you.

Dex-chan lover
Why does this remind me of the line Giovanni spoke when he was talking to Mewtwo about his psychic powers:
"A wild fire destroys everything in your path. It will be the same with your powers unless you learn to control them"

Dex-chan lover
('weirdo' is misspelled)

thanks! dude's pretty bitter tho i imagine he'd be able to use his abilities with age , or just ignore other ppl haunted

Dex-chan lover
Nah kaya'd win. This guy just jealous that he got childhood skill diffed by our girl. Skill issue :meguusmug:
it also helps that psychics run in her family apparently, if she had been born in a 'normal' family i imagine she could've gone down a similar route to him

Dex-chan lover
Are you kidding me dude ?, you are already grown up and you can do your shit on your own. like hell other people suppose to do ?, rather than compare your trauma to another, you had better to take care someone like kaya who has ability like you to not feel the same experience like you went through. I mean look at her, she experience being targeted by pedo guy moreover she doesn't know which one wrong or right, a girl like her just want to play with another kid and you wanna compete your past trauma with her. What a silly guy you are, you need to get punch dude, That's not behavior that should be done by an grown up like you.
not saying he's in the right but trauma takes a long time to go away even with therapy (that said given that there are a few ppl more willing to 'believe', scams aside surprised there wouldn't be some consultants with other exorcists/spiritualists or so that could help out lol)

Dex-chan lover
The difference between them is
Kaya almost never claim to remove stuff from people... She just punches the whole ghosts before even anyone notice it. Then she just gives a normal response to the person she saved like a "like let's go over there..." Or "let's play together".

She always handle ghosts alone... She never bragged about it.

Yeah, you're just projecting bro... Kaya handled situations with Finesse. The only reason she's like that now Is because the psychic power on her family is overpoweringly strong especially to a kid like her continually using her powers. It was never about relationships for her. At the very least, its just on her family that she has problem but not others. She was doing fine on that aspect.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dang, I already thought that Kaya’s mom’s family was kinda messed up and cold af. I feel bad for Namu, but I still want to rain hellfire and brimstone on him for talking about Kaya this way. Once again, we’re reminded that Kaya is still a child who doesn’t have the understanding or experience to fully grasp some of the real world issues such as an actual deceased person, suicides, strangers with bad intentions, cruelty/bullying and two faced people, problems with pregnancies, etc.

He so isn’t helping. Punch him in his no longer handsome face, Chie
Yes, his life sucks. All the more reason for him to guide Kaya to a better life instead of this "you're the same as me, so you'll end up like me" nonsense.

I mean, while Namu is not in the right, it has been hinted in Chapter 14 that the male members of the Ebisumori Clan are "kicked out" of the clan, aka put into an orphanage. This means that the clan knowingly threw Namu away, fully aware of what would befell him. You really think Namu can just smile at anyone from a clan that abandoned him? And whether we like it or not, Kaya is still a member of the clan, and the reason she's "accepted" by her granny and aunt is because of her being a female. I'm not sure those 2 would behave the same if she's a boy like kid Namu.

Also let's not beating around the bush here. Kaya is what she is now thanks to Chie-sensei, her dad and her friends. If she didn't have them by her side, I'm sure she would be Namu kid ver 2.0 by now. How do you expect Namu to have empathy when no one has ever been nice to him like Chie ever did?

Dex-chan lover
I mean, while Namu is not in the right, it has been hinted in Chapter 14 that the male members of the Ebisumori Clan are "kicked out" of the clan, aka put into an orphanage. This means that the clan knowingly threw Namu away, fully aware of what would befell him. You really think Namu can just smile at anyone from a clan that abandoned him? And whether we like it or not, Kaya is still a member of the clan, and the reason she's "accepted" by her granny and aunt is because of her being a female. I'm not sure those 2 would behave the same if she's a boy like kid Namu.

Also let's not beating around the bush here. Kaya is what she is now thanks to Chie-sensei, her dad and her friends. If she didn't have them by her side, I'm sure she would be Namu kid ver 2.0 by now. How do you expect Namu to have empathy when no one has ever been nice to him like Chie ever did?
But he is lashing out on a kid... That's pretty much the source of people's frustrations here.

And unlike the other family members, She is also treated as a monster. She might as well be effectively banished from the clan.

Also like I said earlier, she did not spew as much supernatural unlike Namu. She knows when to shut up. She had friends on her own effort. And that actually made Chie Empathized about her. It's her own effort. That did it. Large difference

Dex-chan lover
It's clear he's gone through a lot of severe trauma- which is very much the result of being abandoned. I think he's externalizing that onto his little relative here; not out of malice to her, but for the situation she's in. She got scared and freaked out, and can't drop out of a defensive mode- which for her means summoning That kind of appearance.

He's not a bad person. He's just a feral cat of a human.

What I wonder about now is how her mom seems to have broken off from her family, and avoided telling the rest of them about her having had a child. Considering you seem to be forcefully conscripted into the preistess job...

I wonder if the 'power' of this family comes from containing a spirit, or having sealed a spirit in their lineage...?

I wonder if her unborn little sibling is a boy child.

Fckn amazing job for translating all of that on page 14, you make this fun to read. And holy wow did Kaya just turn into a monster cus she couldnt fight the creep off with her human self!?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, and if I'm following that flashback right..., you can tell how distracted Chie is because before she detected the flashback before it began, Namu tried to take his own life by jumping out that window after the how ever long of medicate his issue away didn't work. I can get and understand why he has resentment for Ebisumori clan and the current situation letting an obviously very powerful child in that regard with no "proper supervision" or training/education regarding her talent yes she's 5 but that just reinforces the situation. Its wrong for him to take it out on her specifically, he should be having this rant with her mother or aunt or what's left of the grandma but given what he's been through I can understand why the circumstances would aggravate him. Also considering he's been flicking specters into redeath since he was around Kaya's age it makes me wonder.... rather then destroying them like Namu does has she rather then cleansing or destroying them just been absorbing them until finally at this point she's hit critical mass after the failed attempt with the pedo or is it more the case that with each one she disrupts she's being stained as it were and she's finally accumulated enough residue that's she stuck for the moment in her powers triggered state? This also would explain why she has that look or facial expression whenever she attacks one.
I think right now honestly she just needs a hug and for someone who actually cares about her and accepts her to tell her she will be alright.

Dex-chan lover
Loved (HATED) the animated scratching SFX on pages 6 & 7. Thanks for the chapter.

So referring back to the translated family tree in Ch. 14 the identity reveal lines up mentioning that male children of the Ebisumori Clan are sent away for adoption and where Namu mentions growing up in an orphanage. That's actually pretty awful considering they treated him like an insane person with medication despite his clan knowing all along that what he saw/heard was real.
Technically it said that male children must be adopted into the Hirumori clan. And then in the third generation there's a kid called "Sutekichi" who's listed as the founder of the Hiromori clan.

Left a comment back on chapter 14 but looking at the Japanese version of the chart I noticed there were 3 distinct types of names and made a few assumptions based on who had which type.

First there's names with the kanji for numbers in them, like Nana and Kaya's. Only one at the top of each generation, so probably the priestesses.

Second there's names written only in katakana, like Mirai, Kaya's mom. Seemingly every girl born after the first one.

And then finally there are masculine names written in kanji. There's a note next to the first such name, "Sutekichi" saying he's the founder of the Hiromori clan.

Don't get me wrong, "adopted into the Hirumori clan," could totally be a "sent to a farm upstate" style euphemism. Plus the last recorded male child was in Kaya's great grandmother's generation, so maybe the Hiromori clan died off.

What interests me is that there is a precedent for recording the names of male children on the tree. Namu should be on there.

Users who are viewing this thread