Keikenchi Chochiku de Nonbiri Shoushin Ryokou ~Yuusha to Koibito ni Tsuihou sareta Senshi no Mujikaku zama~ - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
They literally can use magic, if the author really wanted a solution without relying on the slave trope they could very easily do it, like erasing her memories or something. It wasn't the only solution and not even the best one, but there is a very simple reason why it was slavery... this is a very cliché harem manga trying to fulfill a fetish, and the more power to the people that actually like that, but let's not kid ourselves, the in-world reasoning was very stupid...
That slavery in anime and manga is nothing but light BDSM roleplay is undeniable. But that doesn't invalidate the point.
As others pointed out convenient memory loss is an even worst and cringier trope. Of course i'm sure that if the author wanted to find another way he would have done it. But again, in this context for once it make sense.
And exactly cause this is a fantasy with magic and shit you should not take the concept of slavery too seriously.
They have magic, there is dragons, so is totally natural that "magic slavery" that is a panacea for all illnesses exist. 🤷‍♂️

Aggregator gang
well...here's a little more of what's to happen later:

it's used more like a bond that let's the MC share abilities and power with his harem, it's gets put on and off on several of them through the series as the plot needs it

it should be like another 5 to 8 manga chapetrs before they find the other childhood friend having been sold as a slave, she gets rescued too obviously. then some time later they all find out that the fiancee was the demon king all along, sain was a tool to her but still also a tool in the general sense of the word. in the end demon lord dies, sain survives and then dies executed... but secretly survived because of an armor with sevel extra lives or something, and he's the semi final boss of the story at the very end

yeah, the MC ends up with like 9 wives, among them are kaede, the fairy, nei, marianne (if you remember her from previous chapters) and many others the MC will find along the way including a demon, and elf, etc...it has to be a diverse harem obviously. at least there is a somewhat wholesome part when they all go back to the MC's village to just hang out and work on the fields of nei's family, farming and stuff, too bad if the anime gets there it would probably be like 2 pages long when it's like 10 chapetrs of the WN or more

Dex-chan lover
Erasing memories is far more stupid. It makes the entire trauma meaningless and it actually inhibits the characters growth.
I get people hate slavery, but that doesn't mean it's bad for the story. It simply means you just don't like it.
I never said I don't like it, in my original comment I said normally I don't mind it... also, literally erasing the trauma and avoid more physiological pain is more stupid than slavery? ok, if you say so...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That slavery in anime and manga is nothing but light BDSM roleplay is undeniable. But that doesn't invalidate the point.
As others pointed out convenient memory loss is an even worst and cringier trope. Of course i'm sure that if the author wanted to find another way he would have done it. But again, in this context for once it make sense.
And exactly cause this is a fantasy with magic and shit you should not take the concept of slavery too seriously.
They have magic, there is dragons, so is totally natural that "magic slavery" that is a panacea for all illnesses exist. 🤷‍♂️
I never said it was an invalid solution and the author can do whatever, I just said it was stupid...

Dex-chan lover
I would say that between all slavery manga inwhich i have seen this trope until now this is the situation that make most sense for a relationship between a "happy slave" and a "slaver hero".
I have seen cases where being a slave is a better option, due to racism against non-humans where being a slave actually gives then more protection than if they aren't. Still, that's all just justification anyway, since for the most part said racism doesn't appear anyway.

like erasing her memories or something.
I think that's a worse solution myself. I've never liked mindwipes.

Its definitely the brainwashers fault, but i, personally, cant stand the "i dont remeber anything while i was mind controlled, teehee" resolutions.
Oh, I absolutely agree with the not remembering solution, like I mentioned above.

Dex-chan lover
People really think that literally erasing the trauma is worse solution than slavery.... ok, count me surprised then...
So if she later finds out what happens, she'll be back in trauma land. That landmine will always exist.

Compare that to voluntarily agreeing to have someone she trusts stop her from committing suicide and giving her a "punishment" that helps ease her mind and letting her overcome the trauma herself, and grow stronger.

We're not talking real slavery here. It has absolutely nothing to do with any slavery that existed in real life outside shallow similarities, and trying to compare it to that is just dumb and completely misunderstanding the story.

• This
Reactions: FVO
Dex-chan lover
So if she later finds out what happens, she'll be back in trauma land. That landmine will always exist.

Compare that to voluntarily agreeing to have someone she trusts stop her from committing suicide and giving her a "punishment" that helps ease her mind and letting her overcome the trauma herself, and grow stronger.

We're not talking real slavery here. It has absolutely nothing to do with any slavery that existed in real life outside shallow similarities, and trying to compare it to that is just dumb and completely misunderstanding the story.
This. She is just prevented to off herself. She is not forced to work 25 hours day into some mine with the MC whipping her awake everytime she fall from exhaustion. As i was saying, this kind of "slavery" is nothing but roleplay.
It doesn't represent, endorse, or justify any kind of real world slavery from today or from the past.
They are two worlds apart, like evangelion and christianity.

Dex-chan lover

I am not misunderstanding the story, it is very clear just a lame excuse to fulfill a fetish...

Dex-chan lover
I am not misunderstanding the story, it is very clear just a lame excuse to fulfill a fetish...
I don't think this is written for the sake of sexually gratifying people who're into slavery roleplay, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

I was talking about comparing her agreeing to become a slave to real world slavery.

• This
Reactions: FVO
Fed-Kun's army
"isekai-likes"
A certain website sometimes refer to them as "native-isekai"
I call that Fantasy.
I never said I don't like it, in my original comment I said normally I don't mind it... also, literally erasing the trauma and avoid more physiological pain is more stupid than slavery? ok, if you say so...
Why do get the feeling you are mixing up real life with fiction?
We are not talking reality here. From a literary point of view erasing that memory would have significantly set back her growth as a character as well as the MC and other victims too. On the other hand she may be considered a slave, but she not forced to do anything other than live.

Live and overcome what's she has gone through. Find life enjoyable again. A reason to live.

Aggregator gang
Reading some of these posts really makes me sad that media literacy is so lacking nowadays, with all you people complaining about the slavery aspect.
it's called a taboo, we were supposed not to have those anymore but well...

Aggregator gang

the only thing slavery does in the story regarding the MC is sharing experience points and abilities, and cutesy things like telling his childhood friend to live as an "order"
btw, i've said in an another post but...
be just fine at her folks's farm, the MC and the gang will spend a season with her later on, they break the slavery, she will get much better and become the second in command of a branch of the MC's party and then marry him along with most of the other waifus he meets along the way, nine in total if i remember correctly

Aggregator gang
Don't tell me it's suddenly going to turn into a Harem of those girls after he turned them into slaves 😐

harem... yes, 9 wives and many of them were his slaves at some point or another, but they don't become part of the harem because of that, except for the main two who are also wives number 1 and 2

Dex-chan lover
it's called a taboo, we were supposed not to have those anymore but well...
Taboos should not exist in places that value free speech and artistic freedom.
If it's not something that can be considered a crime like exposing secret informations that could compromise the safety of people or of a nation, or a blatant and explicit attempt to gather people in order to commit a crime, or something of this level, nothing should be censored or banned.
Manga slavery is nothing but that: a kink, a fetish. No one with at least a couple of properly functioning braincells is gonna condone real life slavery cause of it.
This nowaday woke-inspired attitude that people is so utterly... special needs... that we need to control every information their brain is gonna process cause reading a rapey hentai manga would turn them into rapists is even more idiotic than the old bigoted "horror movies can turn kids into serial killers".

Aaaagghhh before cp 21 its like mid manga but because of 21-22 cp this manga is like 9/10

Dex-chan lover
I know, right? It seems like Japanese light novel authors just have a thing for glorifying slavery and normalizing pedophilia. Can you imagine if western comics/cartoons tried to have strong themes of slavery and clearly sexualized underage characters the way manga/anime does? People would die.

I wonder if this is just a difference of culture? Do the values of South American or African cultures allow for things like this in their media?
04d973281eac47e5a8e7dd6f9fd8622a.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Well, that's one clever way to keep the girl from killing herself--I approve. By the looks of things, she really would have gone and done it; she didn't even care that she was giving her intent away with what she said. Really makes sense: not only did she betray the guy she liked, she was forced to do so by the guy who--in the same way--forced her to part her legs for him. No wonder she flipped right the hell out.

That said...this manga's been exceptional so far. I'm just hoping that the author doesn't decide to have Toru (the guy is shaping up to be a god of war--I'm still thinking his name's supposed to be Thor) up and decide to return to seeing best girl Kaede as a "little girl" or something, and in such a manner find some way to have her play second-fiddle (or even be presented as equal to the other girls). Yes, the other girls--including and especially Lisa--had a rough time of this, since none of them wanted what happened (and Lisa was engaged to Toru); but Kaede absolutely blows all of them out of the picture (Nei, clear over the horizon). Kaede is also very obviously the main girl--if the author wanted to have Toru get back together with Lisa, he shouldn't lay bait with a patently superior girl like Kaede.

Of course, if there will be a harem (Kaede's already fine with Marianne, another smokeshow), it's fine if Kaede's got first position.

Users who are viewing this thread