Kekkaishi e no Tensei - Ch. 38

Dex-chan lover
And what does Jono-Dono mean to you if you going to be saying that?
Because Jono and Dono names is pretty familiar here for being used as a given name (or is it called first name?), when used together my brain automatically translate it as two people instead of a name with suffix.

I dont have a problem about Dono being used as a suffix, but since Jono is too familiar of a name for me, it kinda trigger the silly thought

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thank you very much for the translation! I quite enjoy this series, but I had to give it a reread to remember anything that happened.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone tell me if its worth it to read after chapter 10, that is after vol 2.

Reading the first 2 vols i really loved it. But after reading these plot points/discussions im really apprehensive about continuing.

Also i actually fucking shed tears when Eril died and later the whole lot and Eril came to say their goodbye. I'm already broken irl and this made be depressed.

So is it worth reading futher?

Dex-chan lover
Abput the plot, uh... Just to toss this out there...

They mentioned (one or two page expos) that by killing the wyverns and other humans with his barriers the way he did had caused him to absorb their MP (either current or permanent), and add it to his Max MP.

So the big hard reset did give him an "in world" reasoning for him having the ungodly ampunt of MP, thereby serving its purpose to both empower him, and the reader to empathize with him (as much as one can, anyway).

Also, he would be the "Demon Lord" save for the fox intervention, but... that just seems like a failed plot arc, honestly; I'm sure issue 50 will have somebody "read his mana" or some such, and there will be the actual "Demon Lord" plot arc.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, the tone shift after the introduction arc is a real whiplash.
The manga starts out very different from how it ends up and the start is only there to explain why he is OP.
The manga's beginning is never relevant outside of a few mentions and does almost nothing for the plot as a whole.
As somebody who has read the novels, the last 20 chapters is the true face of this manga.
As A novel reader please do the honors of spoiling me as to whether him and eril ever get to reunite?. I wouldn't have assumed they might if not for the pinky promise in ch9.

Dex-chan lover
As A novel reader please do the honors of spoiling me as to whether him and eril ever get to reunite?. I wouldn't have assumed they might if not for the pinky promise in ch9.

Everyone he knew from the old country is dead.
She does show up in a vision once if i recall.
And its abit of a coin flip if it was really her soul or just MC being delusional.
But basically everyone dyeing is the reason the whole story begins.
So you get to see alot of other characters, but the old once are gone :/

Dex-chan lover
Everyone he knew from the old country is dead.
She does show up in a vision once if i recall.
And its abit of a coin flip if it was really her soul or just MC being delusional.
But basically everyone dyeing is the reason the whole story begins.
So you get to see alot of other characters, but the old once are gone :/
Yeahh I get that they appear in his dreams from time to time, like his wedding night an stuff. Jus seems kinda weird to include the pinky promise, sorta a dud checkovs gun if you will then?

Dex-chan lover
Yeahh I get that they appear in his dreams from time to time, like his wedding night an stuff. Jus seems kinda weird to include the pinky promise, sorta a dud checkovs gun if you will then?
As far as i know, it have not paid off in any way other then some dreams yeah...

Dex-chan lover
it seems the raws only go up to 38, so sadly I think its either the publisher or the author who dropped it not the translator
That's just the linked raw page, elsewhere it's upto 45 updated like 3 days ago

Dex-chan lover
Sheesh I fell behind with this. Thanks for the chapter!

Users who are viewing this thread