Kekkaishi e no Tensei

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating

To anyone who is debating whether to read or not. My advice to you is, just fucking read this, novel version too. It will give you joy, tear, and motivation.

This novel is on par with Mushoku Tensei - Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu. Although this feels a little fast.

Dex-chan lover
It should have taken a bit more time before chapter 8, honestly. It got too eager, so now the tragedy feels fairly forced. It's perpetrated by characters we barely know, mostly against characters we didn't quite come to love yet. Hell, even chapter 8 should have been split up into two to give the events more time, so it has the proper impact it should have had.

I mean, there's a lot of potential exposition to be sprinkled here, since we don't know how skills and statuses work, how magic works, what the magical fauna is like and its role in society, and other interesting tidbits one can subtly exposit with these guys being their likable selves really making themselves cared about by the reader.

I don't see a problem with this plot at all, to be honest. It just felt like a longer than average prologue. Tons of manga literally just start with "my entire life fell apart and im now all alone and angry etc etc". This is just that with extra steps. Now is when the story really starts and gets every opportunity to impress or disappoint.

@Final i dont see it either. this prologue is one of the best i've seen for an isekai. fairly long,detailed, although it feels a bit rushed but its still just a prologue after all, you can see the progress in it and with a bit of tragedy at the end to truly get the story going. if i were to score it just for it, it would be a solid 8/10 imo (and im not one of those who rate stuff from 6-10 with 1 reserved for stuff i truly hate. to me an 8 is good to really good, not average). the only stories on top of my head i remember reading with notable prologues are isaac and fallen monarch (both web novels im really into), most of the rest are 2-10 pages to a maximum of 1 chapter and thats it.
now about those complaining, in this scenario there are 2 types :
1. the "bad ones", with the attention span of a dead fish and whose brain go into overdrive and then catches on fire if there is any depth to any story and so they start whining like little brats (just like i remember them doing in the aforementioned 2 examples)
2. the disappointed ones : those who, like me, liked how its started and tried reading the web novel. and let me tell you, this goes from 100 to 0 really fast.
i do hope the manga will take from the ln or, if that one is the same since i didnt try reading it, will change some stuff. because if the story will progress as is in its original source material(wn)....disappointment is not a heavy enough word for what you'll feel. it becomes the bland, boring, soulless thing it tried so hard to differentiate itself from up till now, just like any other low quality isekai out there. the drop in quality is mind boggling to say the least. but for now there is nothing left but to wait and see, maybe it will redeem itself.

Fed-Kun's army
This series landed face first at the most dramatic moment.
Invaders take over castle we've never seen before and don't care about. Kill a bunch of people we never met or care about. Then the old couple die, which was fine, but Erin... WTF was that? Should've been way more dramatic. And at that moment MC could've used barrier to protect her. Why hadn't he even tried? Also, a treasury we don't really care about.
Also, why give him other skills? Barrier can be a really fun concept if pushed hard enough. There is a manga called Kekkaishi(no relation) where MC&co's power is barriers. Bending space, time, teleportation... all can be achieved if you push the concept of barrier far enough.

This is really great, I think the author did really great with the downturn part of the story. They did it exactly where we less expected it.

I still don't understand why this got such a low rating, it deserves 8 or even 9 just for the prologue.

Plus for getting rid of endless status screens from LN (though sometimes status is a plot device in itself), minus for butchering the plot from chapter 6 onwards. It keeps all the most important points, but honestly by the 17th chapter the manga becomes a completely different story... with a quite different MC. But maybe it's not a bad thing as there remains a reason to continue with the manga as well... idk.

Aggregator gang
I understand the build-up but it was too rushed. Every character is retarded. Including MC. It’d been better if MC wasn’t a Isekai, it’d at least explain why he’s so naive.
I’m glad Erin died but a even stupider girl took her place, now I miss her. MC seriously just stood there and let her die. He could had just went to danger all alone. He still fails in realizing the situation he’s in. You’d think a 30 year old man who knew society cruelty would be able to sense bad guys.

Keep in mind this is a 5Volume Novel. How much can really get done?

I’ve come to a conclusion: These artists know these stories suck but try to make it work with their good art and storytelling. The characters are insanely cutely drawn and the detail that goes into it is high quality.

yo if you want the web novel here it like 23 novels long but you need al least a google translator

Double-page supporter
This is one of those stories where you should take the tragedy and drama tags seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread