Kekkon shiyou. Rikon zentei de. - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

Supporter
Dealing with a Rui kind of person is frustrating. Society at large has bolstered their confidence and self-image to a point that anything outside of their understanding has to be justified to an insane degree for them to accept it.

"What's this?"
"A thank you gift."
"Just say thank you."
"I wanted to do more than that."
"Why?"
"Because I appreciate you more than the average person and wanted to bring that feeling into reality."
"So it's to justify your own feelings?"
"No- uh, what? Fuckin', just accept the gift and never talk to me again."
"What's wrong? Why are you being weird?"

I have a feeling that a storm is coming for the (false?) couple. The guy looks like a woman but I think he's a man and he's one of those who if he likes a person will do anything to get her and snatch her away from another. Even pretending to be friends with the guy. I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for the translation

Fed-Kun's army
What does it mean to be a "pointless" hottie? Is that like... smooth?

Dex-chan lover
wEdfps0.png

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I also feal like monthaversarys are weird.
They are but they are also incredibly on brand for him. His view of relationship romance is VERY much like a 1950s housewife, stuck in the house unable to hold a checking account or full time job so looks for little things to make a deal of to feel included and makes sense if all he knows of it is from h8s grandmother, and preteen girl, which is similar because society is pretty sick all things considered.

Group Leader
They are but they are also incredibly on brand for him. His view of relationship romance is VERY much like a 1950s housewife, stuck in the house unable to hold a checking account or full time job so looks for little things to make a deal of to feel included and makes sense if all he knows of it is from h8s grandmother, and preteen girl, which is similar because society is pretty sick all things considered.
Such an all or nothing answer lol. Can’t it just be that he’s a romantic? It’s as simple as: some people like to do sweet things for their significant others. Doesn’t need an insanely deep explanation — plus they both get to enjoy a nice meal. It’s really not a super outlandish idea

Dex-chan lover
Such an all or nothing answer lol. Can’t it just be that he’s a romantic? It’s as simple as: some people like to do sweet things for their significant others. Doesn’t need an insanely deep explanation — plus they both get to enjoy a nice meal. It’s really not a super outlandish idea
He didn't JUST make a nice dinner, did he? Nope, he even handmade made multiple table decorations. He's far too needy and tryhard for it to just be a romantic or sweet gesture, it had to be a large gesture, on day he worked, done spur of the moment and knowing full well how she wouldn't get it. It is a super outlandish idea.
Understanding that his overblown approach to things is part of his problems is a pretty big character thing for him.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah and I mean, if they were married for 10 years and he was still doing monthiversaries, that would be weird. But it's the first one, fair enough. Lots of people would still be on their flippin' honeymoon, AKA full time celebration of having got married for weeks on end, at that point. One little dinner is hardly a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread