Kekkon shiyou. Rikon zentei de. - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

Supporter
I actually sympathize with Rui here to an extent. I don't like celebrating my birthday. I'm fine with whatever others want to do relative to their birthdays, but I hate a big deal made of mine. I view it very much as a, "So what? It's 12 months since this date last occurred," kind of thing.

But, she's pretty harsh and cold about it, which I guess is how she is since she seems emotionally stunted.

Dex-chan lover
I realize why I'm thinking about this couple. This is like if you took the lack of pride that was familiar in Miyamura and the coldness of Hori and aged them up with that mindset.

Dex-chan lover
I think this manga made a huge point about why malewife and girlhusband works together so well instead of a traditional gender roles I see a lot in media. The wife tends to be so submissive while not able to speak out what she thinks. The girlhusband speaks out first and then the malewife says his own words. He is able to speak out over in time and Rui is happy he is able to fight against her then making up later.

image.png

All marriages I see work so well are the "we are each other's only best friends." They can disagree while respecting each both of their opinions. The two look at each other's views too. I don't think I would want a relationship where my wife or husband only does cooking, cleaning and never tells me what their thoughts are. You want to hear their voice and what they think. Rui and Kyousuke don't make fun of each other's feelings. They both know how each other are.

Supporter
So is it a requirement in that law firm that you need to be a woman to work there?
Jokes aside, while I understand him wanting to celebrate a month passing since they are planning on devorcing soon. It is still awkward to not communicate it with Rui, especially when she is emotionally stunned like that.

But hey she felt lonely without him! :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread